windows vista

Share your knowledge, tips and tricks of your favorite Opearting System
leosean

windows vista

Post by leosean »

Oh!My god ,you don't know how the "vista" harm my PC,450MB PF used at the time just I turn my computer on...

Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

It's meant for a PC with alot of RAM, the only reason it used your PF is that it didn't have enough RAM
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
Rapboy

Post by Rapboy »

vista runs fast atleast faster than my xp sp2, but does any1 knows how to open .wim file on vista?

Btw y do u start a new thread? there are plenty vista threads open on OS and Software.
^ Total Chaos.
Hoping to reach 1,000 post one day on SH
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

He probably started it due to the fact he simply wanted to state it harmed his computer but yeah many other topics on Vista.

Now not even my old Gateway at 450mhz could handle XP so why the heck did you try to attempt it with Vista? Lol. My computer which at the time of beta was 1.6ghz AMD Sempron with 512Mb Ram and 256Mb Graphics. My computer was keeping nicely with Vista but still had some minor lag issues.

I've upgraded to 1Gig Memory and put in a new hard drive which XP dislikes due to it being Sata but I'm hoping once I get Vista things will run much smoother.

In my opinion Vista is very nice and such but alot of the things are meant for lazy people who seem to want to get even lazier. An auto-typer through the mic I mean COME ON... it wouldn't take someone 10 minutes to write something when this mic... God forbid it helps keep those lazy people from typing but will make a 10 minute writing job exceed into 30mins to and hour due to you having to back up and resay what you said because your kids come running through the house and it spells something like "I'm going to kill you, give me back my doll before I tell mommy" or hear it completely wrong and spells "Die doll, mommy" Also you can **** your mouse twice to open up a program but now... "OPEN EXPLORER" Bam... lazy ppl need to be shot.

Anyway as far as DirectX 10 goes... I love it, the glass style... I love it. Many features I love... a few I think are utterly rediculous.

My 2 Cents... YAY!
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
Jonxmartini

Post by Jonxmartini »

TheCrymsonLegends wrote:a bunch of stuff then.....
My 2 Cents... YAY!
:) your two cents would have taken an hour to type with the vista speak to type.
Rapboy

Post by Rapboy »

TheCrymsonLegends wrote: because your kids come running through the house and it spells something like "I'm going to kill you, give me back my doll before I tell mommy" or hear it completely wrong and spells "Die doll, mommy" Also you can **** your mouse twice to open up a program but now... "OPEN EXPLORER" Bam... lazy ppl need to be shot.
!
Lol that is so funny rofl.

Btw i decided to use xp because vista doesnt support both my network card and i dont want to go buy another one. maybe i will wait for a couple of weeks till the drivers are out for my networkcard and then try it out again.
^ Total Chaos.
Hoping to reach 1,000 post one day on SH
BreaqerZ

Post by BreaqerZ »

Vista lacks drivers as well and it takes time for them to come up with the updates :(
Am still sticking to XP sp2 till they finalize VISTA ;)
broodfaun

Post by broodfaun »

I will be not switching to vista as long as possible; probably till Micro$oft stop supporting. Vista is problematic as many programs don't work on it, high demanding/high resources, doesn't work with everything (not compatible with software). Too much restriction.....
anupat3l

Post by anupat3l »

I have never liked vista since the betas :(..

My Computer came with Vista and as soon as i got it i downgraded
iBye

Post by iBye »

My computer came with Vista to, not installed but you could if you liked to, but i didnt. I will stick to XP.
Tired of Newbies asking Questions? Tell them www.UseGoogleFFS.com