Windows Vista

Share your knowledge, tips and tricks of your favorite Opearting System
shawn

Post by shawn »

I haven't used before.I will try to get it soon.

Rapboy

Post by Rapboy »

Vista looks good, but does any1 knows how to open and read/write install.wim in xp ?
^ Total Chaos.
Hoping to reach 1,000 post one day on SH
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

locust wrote:the new vista looks really nice and it has alot of new features i really like the widgets as well but i wish they had the multiple desktops like linux.
I agree Vista loks great, but isn't it called Gadgets? I thought Widgets was Yahoo
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
ag3nt

Post by ag3nt »

I didnt really test windows vista.But as i heard its now good enough for users those waited for it long.
garfunkel

Post by garfunkel »

I find vista a good OS, but only a marginal improvement over XP. I am primarily a Linux user as i believe it does more in less time with more ease of use and with better applications. I also feel that some of the features in vista were very foolish, UAC for one and protected modes. It was foolish for micrososft to not disclose the information on these services to security institiutions, trust me, it will hurt them in the future.

I also find it that the new security features, are not only heavily flawed but put a lot of duress on the user, it takes many steps to delete things from the recycle bin, or to change use account details, or to access XP data etc. An overload of "are you sure" dialogue boxes.

But i do believe it is an improvement over XP.