New YouTube Update!

Talk, introduce or announce any new emerging technologies that have excited you.
MrAlex

New YouTube Update!

Post by MrAlex »

Google's YouTube has announced today that it will be releasing its API for YouTube for use by web developers. Earlier, users were required to go to the YouTube website and upload videos or read/write comments on videos. With the release of the API by Google, users can upload videos, write and display YouTubelogocomments on their own website.

Today's announcement allows Google to fulfill its goal of Google video, which was to bring all the videos on the web to its servers. With the release of the API, people will host the videos on YouTube's servers and still be able to access the content like their own. Google in return will be able to get a lot of videos and many users to watch the videos. It will allow Google to show its ads to a larger audience as well as improve search results on videos.

YouTube already owns a lot of the videos floating on the web. But with other alternatives like Blip.tv, DailyMotion, ****... catching up, this announcement is sure to bring back a lot of web publishers to YouTube and in turn Google. Adsense for Video is also not doing as well as Google might have anticipated. This decision of allowing people to upload to Google's servers will allow Google to bring more targeted ads.

It should be an interesting development with what people will come up with YouTube's API. You can actually come up with an exact clone of YouTube.com without any investment...but I guess Google would be waiting to sue you!!

WOOT,
Althought Im useless with this :D
Lets see whats gonna come next!

Wont be back till Sunday!
Gebbo

new youtube

Post by Gebbo »

this sounds great ^_^ I cant wait for it to be available for all to use and yeah it will bring a lot of users back to youtubing..
.............................:: Spirit of Fire ::..................................

Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Wow, I could really use that :)
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
MrAlex

Post by MrAlex »

Hmmm,
But it might be kind of hard at first until you get used to it I guess!
Tcoo

Post by Tcoo »

h/o my i ask what is this again?
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

It's an API to use on your website to display Youtube vidoes, I think.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
chaosknight

Post by chaosknight »

hmm i tought that was already possible i have a youtube vid on my web atm
Hockey Foo

Post by Hockey Foo »

That sounds awesome.

I think YouTube needs to make a feature so people can download a PHP script and allow people through your website to upload videos and share them like on YouTube. Kinda like those galleries.
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

chaosknight wrote:hmm i tought that was already possible i have a youtube vid on my web atm
Yes, it is possible, but at the moment I think you just have it embedded using the code provided by the video's page, right? This is better.
MrAlex

Post by MrAlex »

Hockey Foo wrote:That sounds awesome.

I think YouTube needs to make a feature so people can download a PHP script and allow people through your website to upload videos and share them like on YouTube. Kinda like those galleries.
Thats what it does lol,
lets people upload vids from your site ,
and also they got a new player too!:o