Teleportation:The future is gonna be so cool !!

Talk, introduce or announce any new emerging technologies that have excited you.
Lithium

Post by Lithium »

lol teleportation would be soooo great. forgot something? zap you're home zap you're back!

Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Nah, CrymsonLegends, you didnt kill the conversation. It's a pure co-incidence! Besides. People are still talking as far as I can tell :p
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

Lol, then you could do what no one has ever done before.

Hunny I'm going to be home kinda late today.
*Zap*
I KNEW IT!!! Who is he?

Teleportation: A Good and Not So Good thing. Depending on how you use it!
Warning: Can allow for husband or wife to come home unexpected.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
Lithium

Post by Lithium »

True. If teleportation were to be a reality, it should function with some sort of a port system that has settings as to who should be able to access it, in order to avoid the invasion of privacy. As much as teleportation could be a great thing, its disadvantages would in my opinion outweigh its advantages: mainly the invasion of privacy and the disappearance of boundaries. Again, if it were to happen, a strict and foolproof method of restricting the accessible areas should be created, full with 'user' privileges for individual ports (i.e.: Joe can access his home's port while John can't, or at least he can't without some sort of access approval by Joe).
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Yeah... You could just be teleported in on while getting changed or something, very embarassing!
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
jasondsouza

Post by jasondsouza »

the conversation seems quite interesting and please cymson its not dieing because of you ... in fact you're making it even more interesting... i mean you and tails5... Well what i feel of teleportation is that it would really be a interesting thing to have it but it should be used only for astronomical research... that's alll not to be used commercially... So that we can travel the farthest extents of the universe... The technology should be kept super secret..and away from the nomal citizens of the world.....
--jasondsouza
ME working on a very new site. (Coming soon)
Come to my web Site
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

Lithium wrote:True. If teleportation were to be a reality, it should function with some sort of a port system that has settings as to who should be able to access it, in order to avoid the invasion of privacy. As much as teleportation could be a great thing, its disadvantages would in my opinion outweigh its advantages: mainly the invasion of privacy and the disappearance of boundaries. Again, if it were to happen, a strict and foolproof method of restricting the accessible areas should be created, full with 'user' privileges for individual ports (i.e.: Joe can access his home's port while John can't, or at least he can't without some sort of access approval by Joe).
I think setting boundaries would take away the reason for teleportation. If your wife is cheating on you she would lock you out for a short period of time and have the lover teleport out before you get the chance to come in, and she could blame it on the cat and you would have no proof. First of all you wouldn't change near the device, it would normally be in the living room or a guest arrival room which would help you keep privacy without cutting it out. Although family passwords would be set where you type in destination route and then enter an access code to go through to prevent unwanted people from inviting themselves. The device would then still allow a husband to come home early and interrupt the affair :D.

jasondsouza wrote:the conversation seems quite interesting and please cymson its not dieing because of you ... in fact you're making it even more interesting... i mean you and tails5... Well what i feel of teleportation is that it would really be a interesting thing to have it but it should be used only for astronomical research... that's alll not to be used commercially... So that we can travel the farthest extents of the universe... The technology should be kept super secret..and away from the normal citizens of the world.....
That is the problem with today already, the government and specific companies use these awesome things in which citizens would love to have but they do not ever allow us "the normal folks" to have any fun. The Jet Pack would be awesome cause I would love to fly but only one person gets to ever fly it and they probably won't be making any other things like it for the civilian world. When the government controls things then any technology would never reach the civilian life and we would never be able to gain access to the privileges which would allow us to even see half the stuff those in the government can. Pushing for this restriction is exactly what will cause the next revolution here in America because civilians are tired of being left out of everything just because we are not one of the chosen few.

If we ever get this technology and it comes with star ships and jet packs I as a civilian want to be able to do this as well. I don't think it is fair that just because I am not some rocket scientist or a test pilot for NASA that I should be left out of it as well. I am getting my Helicopter Pilots License just so I can be in the Air, so if it comes to being in space I most definitely would love to do that as well.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

Conspiracies are the main reason for our slow technological dev. The strong are afraid to lose power. IT didnt bloom before it is available for all, this logic goes for everything, cars, cameras, everything. No doubt advancement will still go on, but in what speed? Doesn't even fit "crawling" i say.
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Yes, and also it would be very expensive to get teleportation if its developed and released to the public, Also, where do you apply for a Helicopter Pilot's License, and where do you get a helicopter?
Lithium

Post by Lithium »

TheCrymsonLegends wrote:I think setting boundaries would take away the reason for teleportation. If your wife is cheating on you she would lock you out for a short period of time and have the lover teleport out before you get the chance to come in, and she could blame it on the cat and you would have no proof. First of all you wouldn't change near the device, it would normally be in the living room or a guest arrival room which would help you keep privacy without cutting it out. Although family passwords would be set where you type in destination route and then enter an access code to go through to prevent unwanted people from inviting themselves. The device would then still allow a husband to come home early and interrupt the affair :D.

That is the problem with today already, the government and specific companies use these awesome things in which citizens would love to have but they do not ever allow us "the normal folks" to have any fun. The Jet Pack would be awesome cause I would love to fly but only one person gets to ever fly it and they probably won't be making any other things like it for the civilian world. When the government controls things then any technology would never reach the civilian life and we would never be able to gain access to the privileges which would allow us to even see half the stuff those in the government can. Pushing for this restriction is exactly what will cause the next revolution here in America because civilians are tired of being left out of everything just because we are not one of the chosen few.

If we ever get this technology and it comes with star ships and jet packs I as a civilian want to be able to do this as well. I don't think it is fair that just because I am not some rocket scientist or a test pilot for NASA that I should be left out of it as well. I am getting my Helicopter Pilots License just so I can be in the Air, so if it comes to being in space I most definitely would love to do that as well.
Well if we don't set some sort of boundary, what would stop a mass murdered or a rapist from teleporting into someone's home? How about theft? Teleporting into banks? Crime would be unstoppable and untrackable. The disadvantages and the consequences of teleportation, if created without boundaries, would outweigh the benefits.
There are always people who will try to exploit technology, among other things. That is why you don't see NASA grade technology available to 'anyone' as its use can have dire consequences.