Teleportation:The future is gonna be so cool !!

Talk, introduce or announce any new emerging technologies that have excited you.
Rapboy

Post by Rapboy »

That would be awesome but whether people will use is another option. There are always people who are willing to be a test mouse.

But bending space will be 1 of the greatest things that human beings could/can accomplish.We will then be able to make far journeys across the universe. If that happens in my time i will be jumping to be the first to test it out. But it's propably gonna take alot of years before that happens.

^ Total Chaos.
Hoping to reach 1,000 post one day on SH
Gebbo

teleportation

Post by Gebbo »

we might be dead by the time they make teleportation lol...
.............................:: Spirit of Fire ::..................................

Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

That's possible, but let's not talk about that possibility, eh?
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

Alright let's say they are able to break down the molecular structure and re-assemble it in another location. The original would be destroyed and the copy would be just that. You would in essence be dead and alive as your copy wouldn't really be yourself. Let's say instead of it removing the first set of molecules and copied without removal you would be two different people. Since one person cannot occupy the same body you would still be one in the same. Unlike identical twins it would just be a copy of yourself, and it would be impossible to tell the difference as if possible you would have the same experiences and everything. Now unlike star trek you couldn't talk to yourself as you and your copy would be doing a mirror effect, you think exactly alike so you would be saying and doing the exact same things.

Due to this process having a buffer where it would re-assemble your particles back into one if it happens to collect even the smallest molecule extra you could possible become something totally different. I think this process would be more viable if they would research it's potential instead of teleportation but reconstruction. Change a few variables in some-thing's DNA and you could possible turn a man into a dog. Everything is made up of the same cells and with a quantum computer with the ability to break down molecules I do not see how it would be impossible to alter them to have something completely different come out of the second chamber.

Unlike star trek it would be impossible to beam just anything out of anywhere and place it somewhere else. There would have to be two portal chambers which have the identical hardware in order to process the molecules back correctly. I wouldn't take a journey on this simply because once your original molecules are destroyed you can no longer claim you are an original human. You would still be the same but not the same, just like FF10 where the guy is a dream who does not exist but he exists to beat his father who likewise does not exist. Quite odd to think about but possible none the less.

If you think about it science and religion go hand in hand, even if we use to be a vast civilized society we could of met our doom and the few remaining humans left decided to create another human to take their place... to start over. If some alien civilization used a Vapor Beam it would of practically vaporized every bit of evidence of a previous civilization. We could of even been dropped off as a clone to experiment how humanity got to the point it got. Think about it if a superior race of humans had the technology to regenerate wounds and rehabilitate the dead then the story of Jesus could still be true. With a ship not teleporting but lifting Jesus up from the ground to rise into the heavens could likewise be possible.

How do you get a virgin mother? Artificial Impregnation... with an egg practically programmed to carry out a set order of instructions. I thought I would just give you something to think about while you ponder this odd existence on this planet. That theory could go on and on about a possibility of a higher being but portray it in a completely different light.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Seesh, you just had to ruin our fun, didn't you? :p This conversation won't continue much longer, I don't think.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
TheCrymsonLegends

No the conversation could continue but I was just adding my opinion about this type of technology. It seems as it would be a nice thing to transport anything without a life, such as weapons and ammunition to soldiers, and some other great ideas for it. If you want to keep this going add some weird idears that would give this type of technology a good reason to be continued, and then offer some bad ideas. Imagination is a great tool.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

But adding weird ideas makes the conversation weird... oh well, can't be helped I suppose. Now, I just must think of a weird idea to add...
TheCrymsonLegends

Wouldn't be too hard, I come up with that theory after realizing that the initial matter in which is downloaded into the buffer would be destroyed then the new matter would be build by uploading a copy of it's gnome. I'm not a very smart person when it comes to understanding it but from what I read it would theoretically be possible to clone things in the same manner. Instead of ingesting the matter at the input end just copy it then project it's copy to the receiving end. Hope this conversation continues, if not I sincerely apologize for ruining your fun.
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Don't worry about it. We probably needed some seriousness here. Thanks :)
TheCrymsonLegends

Looks like I did kill the topic, from now on I quit posting lol. Everytime I post in something it seems to die.. lol. Was still nice to read about and think about :). Thanks for giving me the chance to ruin the thread lol.