Phpbb3

Talk, introduce or announce any new emerging technologies that have excited you.
Jonxmartini

Phpbb3

Post by Jonxmartini »

Phpbb3 should be out by new years or with in the fallowing moth or two acording to senior memebers on the development site for phpbb. I cant wait since i plan on intergrating my site with phpbb so that users can login on any page. Check mail see whos on etc. etc. make the website more of a comunity then a site. Anyone else going to do something like this?

KingSpore

Post by KingSpore »

I sure will try using it, but I don't know if I will be able to figure out how to make it fancy though. :P
tdcool

Post by tdcool »

I don't trust these betas. They are buggy. But I prefer SMF over PHPbb.
Jonxmartini

Post by Jonxmartini »

tdcool wrote:I don't trust these betas. They are buggy. But I prefer SMF over PHPbb.
Really any reasons why or just becasue. I've never tried smf maybe I'll check it out tonight but i've allways used phpbb and found it works good enough for me.
tdcool

Post by tdcool »

Jonxmartini wrote:Really any reasons why or just becasue. I've never tried smf maybe I'll check it out tonight but i've allways used phpbb and found it works good enough for me.
I just prefer SMF because it has a lot more add ons. And the themes are very easy to install. If you're looking for a paid version, go for Invision Power Board.
Jonxmartini

Post by Jonxmartini »

I think that phpbb3 will rival if not out perform smf i admit it looks well put togehter but phpbb3 is amazing and as far as addons there is a very large comunity of mod creators for phpbb so im not to worried aobut not having enough addons but i can see your point of view aswell i think we will probably both stick with the ones we like respectivly becasue of familiraity but i dont think either one is really better then the other just better in diffrent parts and worse in diffrent parts.
vinter

Post by vinter »

phpBB rocks... open source always better than closed!
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

vinter wrote:phpBB rocks... open source always better than closed!
I accept that too. But somehow i feel even though it is open source, there should be some road map or some date of release of your scripts.

phpBB's area31 members have been waiting for the new version of phpbb (phpbb olympus) to be released now for more than 1 year and after 2 years it is still in beta stages!! I can accept one may not have been able to mee the deadline for 2 or 3 months, but if it takes so long, then it is not possible to wait when you wish to have new features in your forums and you are binded just because of that. Now that is not the kind of deadline once can stick to!!
tdcool

Post by tdcool »

You guys at smokyhosts use vBulletin now, it seems to be much better than the old phpBB forums.
Jonxmartini

Post by Jonxmartini »

tdcool wrote:You guys at smokyhosts use vBulletin now, it seems to be much better than the old phpBB forums.
V-bullietein aslo costs money and is not open source...