Firefox download speed is very slow

Any duscussion regarding softwares can be carried out here.
Scorcher

Firefox download speed is very slow

Post by Scorcher »

I have a 512k DSL connection. When I download files through firefox they are downloaded at 15-25kbs/sec but with download managers I get around 50-60kbs/sec. Can anyone please advise me if possible that how to increase the download speed of firefox?

thetarget

Post by thetarget »

I have no idea how to make download faster in firefox, but i wouldn't spend any second trying to find a solution since Firefox screw up the integrity of the files very frequently (1 out of 5 times).

I'll always use download managers to download stuff unless (rarely) from sites like rapidshare etc.
Gebbo

Firefox

Post by Gebbo »

Scorcher wrote:I have a 512k DSL connection. When I download files through firefox they are downloaded at 15-25kbs/sec but with download managers I get around 50-60kbs/sec. Can anyone please advise me if possible that how to increase the download speed of firefox?
Ive never had any problems downloading with fire fox, weird lol
.............................:: Spirit of Fire ::..................................

Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Scorcher wrote:I have a 512k DSL connection. When I download files through firefox they are downloaded at 15-25kbs/sec but with download managers I get around 50-60kbs/sec. Can anyone please advise me if possible that how to increase the download speed of firefox?

I would advise removing firefox and re-installing it. I've never had any experience with firefox doing strange things with download speeds, so I'm not sure of any other solution.

You could also try disabling add-ons you installed before this started happening. If the problem persists, see if Internet Explorer achieves your full speeds. Make sure you're using version 8 though (download link: http://www.microsoft.com/ie). Unlike previously, with version 8, Internet Explorer is no longer less secure than the other browsers. (I can find the link for anyone who wants to argue this out, though please use PMs so as not to fill the thread with the old "FF vs IE" argument.
thetarget wrote:I have no idea how to make download faster in firefox, but i wouldn't spend any second trying to find a solution since Firefox screw up the integrity of the files very frequently (1 out of 5 times).

I'll always use download managers to download stuff unless (rarely) from sites like rapidshare etc.

Firefox has never destroyed the integrity of my files when I download (verified with md5 hash), could it simply be that it doesnt have the same error checking a download manager has? If you have DMZ mode on it will corrupt packets sometimes. Also some internet connections have been known to randomly corrupt packets, regardless of router settings.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
s4nji

Post by s4nji »

Use Download Managers....
Faster, More Stable, and safer than Firefox's
And here, my firefox is downloading very slowly too.
panakj

Post by panakj »

better use, internet download manager, it will sure help you and it has feature to integrate with firefox automaticaly so no worries and enjoy!
romsandzoms

Post by romsandzoms »

i have never any problem in firefox downloading "greatest speed"
Maddi_Jane

Post by Maddi_Jane »

firefox is slow.google chrome is fast :)
ArunNayak

Post by ArunNayak »

Firefox is the best browser..its browsing speed is fast but its download speed is slow..if u are really wats fastest download speed then it is better for u to download IDM(internet download manager)latest version.its makes ur download speed faster..
Gilbertwep

-

Post by Gilbertwep »

Yes, really. And I have faced it. We can communicate on this theme.
Create