Creat own a Wi-fi anten

Any duscussion regarding softwares can be carried out here.
atg

Creat own a Wi-fi anten

Post by atg »

Creat own a Wi-fi anten

Right now i am using free Wireless connection from school 500 meters from my house. Before this I couldn’t even connect to Google due to terrible wireless signal. In this tutorial I am using Aztech 802.11b/g USB Adaptor. If you have wireless pci card, the procedure still the same. By doing this you can increase your wireless signal up to 12Db. If the signal too low you may need a monitoring software like netstumbler.There are few products out there that you can purchase but that’s not cool at all. Do it yourself!

Building a Wifi booster DIY style. Tool that you need are Cheap USB wireless modem, antenna holder, aluminum foil and USB extension cable. I tried using the long extension cable but it does no detect my USB devices , maybe because not enough power supply.

Step 1 The Reflector I found pre-made template on the internet for this. I just doubled the scale to fit my cardboard. Once you already downloaded the template cut it into the shape. I am using plastic file’s case. You may use cardboard get the cheapest one lol. I cut the square hole in the middle to fit the Aztech wireless USB adapter.

Step 2 Cover with the aluminum foil. Once we the template is ready. Go to the kitchen and grab the aluminum foil. Ask your mom first! Cover the template with aluminum foil and use your sister’s uhu glue.

Step 3 Antenna Holder Get some material for antenna holder. I am using curtain’s holder for this (no idea what’s the words lol).

Last step Mount your USB and to test the correct position and direction for the antenna.

Adjust the position of your antenna so you will get the maximum signal gain. This is the difficult part since we don’t know from where the signal coming from. You can use this also as to increase your router signal. This is my result.

Look at the SMKKB_AP1 the gain is from 7% to 29% the gain is quadrupled plus I got 2 more signals. Good luck!. Experimenting is the best part in this tutorial. If you want to get better signal additional sofware might help.

tewage

Post by tewage »

Lmao, wtf? Either this is complete bullshit, or you're a genius...Of course I'm not going to try this, but I want to know if this really would work.

If so, I mean I have to give my props to you, that's crazy...but funny though.
tewage

Post by tewage »

Sorry, I can't edit my post for some reason...

Anyways, I read on google this actually works. Although he copied it, but good find!

Thanks, +rep

Oh, nvm they don't have rep or thank you or anything...