Flock

Any duscussion regarding softwares can be carried out here.
agx007

Flock

Post by agx007 »

I decided to try out a web browser that I came across today, so I downloaded it. Its name is Flock.
Flock 1.2.4 is a web browser based on Firefox 2 that adds built-in integration with many popular web services and social networking sites:
-Digg
-Facebook
-Pownce
-Twitter
-YouTube
-Photobucket
-Picasa
-Piczo
-Blogger
-Blogsome
-LiveJournal
-Typepad
-WordPress.com
-Xanga
-Delicious
-Magnolia
-AOL Mail
-Yahoo Mail
-Gmail
-Also, support for self-hosted blogs

From my test run today, I found it to be quite useful and am switching to it for my primary browser (from Firefox 3).

It has a little toolbar under the navigation bar which links to the following items:
-My World (the main page which shows feed updates and more)
-People Sidebar (integrates with many social networking sites)
-Media Bar (allows easy access and searching of media from Digg, Facebook, ****, Photobucket, Truveo, and YouTube
-Feeds Sidebar (shows subscribed feeds and updates)
-Webmail button (allows easy access to webmail)
-Favorites Sidebar (shows local and online bookmarked sites)
-Accounts sidebar (centralizes all of your web accounts for integrated services)
-Web Clipboard Sidebar (allows saving of text, links, and images

Overall Flock is a great web browser, because it goes beyond what a normal web browser can do. I would highly suggest trying it out. I just wish they would hurry up with their MySpace integration though.

Alwahsh

Post by Alwahsh »

I heard about it before but never tried it , but it sounds cool especially the built-in integration , but google has just released a new browser , Google Chrome , did you try it?
I got my Power Package
My website is here
My Forum is here
:D:D:D:D
agx007

Post by agx007 »

Yea im using it and is pretty good!
Gebbo

Flock

Post by Gebbo »

agx007 wrote:I decided to try out a web browser that I came across today, so I downloaded it. Its name is Flock.
Flock 1.2.4 is a web browser based on Firefox 2 that adds built-in integration with many popular web services and social networking sites:
-Digg
-Facebook
-Pownce
-Twitter
-YouTube
-Photobucket
-Picasa
-Piczo
-Blogger
-Blogsome
-LiveJournal
-Typepad
-WordPress.com
-Xanga
-Delicious
-Magnolia
-AOL Mail
-Yahoo Mail
-Gmail
-Also, support for self-hosted blogs

From my test run today, I found it to be quite useful and am switching to it for my primary browser (from Firefox 3).

It has a little toolbar under the navigation bar which links to the following items:
-My World (the main page which shows feed updates and more)
-People Sidebar (integrates with many social networking sites)
-Media Bar (allows easy access and searching of media from Digg, Facebook, ****, Photobucket, Truveo, and YouTube
-Feeds Sidebar (shows subscribed feeds and updates)
-Webmail button (allows easy access to webmail)
-Favorites Sidebar (shows local and online bookmarked sites)
-Accounts sidebar (centralizes all of your web accounts for integrated services)
-Web Clipboard Sidebar (allows saving of text, links, and images

Overall Flock is a great web browser, because it goes beyond what a normal web browser can do. I would highly suggest trying it out. I just wish they would hurry up with their MySpace integration though.
Hmm sounds really interesting, might try it out one of these dayz!
.............................:: Spirit of Fire ::..................................

josephnm

Post by josephnm »

agx007 wrote:Yea im using it and is pretty good!
haha, which one are you using? Flock or Chrome?

Anyway, i still prefer firefox as my primary browser as Flock is useful for people on blogging, social networking, etc which i seldom touch :p

As of Chrome, which it still on beta stage and i would prefer to have it a try when it has full release.