Internet Explorer

Any duscussion regarding softwares can be carried out here.
Tails5

Internet Explorer

Post by Tails5 »

I just installed Internet Explorer 8, but apart from developer tools, I see nothing new, has anyone noticed anything new?

Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
Tcoo

Post by Tcoo »

h/o i thought they were on IE7?
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Yes, but I've got a Developer Preview of IE8 (download link is http://www.microsoft.com/windows/produc ... fault.mspx)
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
iBye

Post by iBye »

I dont use IE, just in some cases when I need to use WMP. But there are most likely something new, why bother makin a new version if no new stuff in it.
Tired of Newbies asking Questions? Tell them www.UseGoogleFFS.com
Jason

Post by Jason »

The aim of Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 is for it to be more compliant with coding. As it stands at the moment (any web-developer will know this) Internet Explorer and Firefox have two ways of interpretting coding, well, Microsofts aim is to make Internet Explorer better at encoding the HTML (etc.) so that web-developers pull less hair out lol.

It better be worth it!!! It really does irritate me the differences between how Internet Explorer interprets something, and how Firefox does :@
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

For people who do use IE or people who just want to be so different from others, my advice is do not install IE8 just yet. Bugs from previous versions are still not removed, and new bugs are added in. I can't seem to use hotmail in IE8 unless I use the so-called 'IE7 emulator', crap..
Jason

Post by Jason »

thetarget wrote:I can't seem to use hotmail in IE8 unless I use the so-called 'IE7 emulator', crap..
:lol: The best bit is: Hotmail (Windows Live Mail {WLM}) is made by Microsoft so you'd think they'd at least get their browser working with their own stuff before releasing it to the public. :rolleyes:
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Well it's only the Developer Preview, and it says in it, "When you are finished previewing and using the developer tools, just turn on 'Emulate IE7' to browse like normal"
Gebbo

Internet explorer

Post by Gebbo »

I installed explorer 8 and i noticed its slower and has a lot of security >_>
.............................:: Spirit of Fire ::..................................

Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

It'll be better in the final release.