How to make Opera browser faster?

Any duscussion regarding softwares can be carried out here.
thetarget

How to make Opera browser faster?

Post by thetarget »

I'm asking a question here, not giving tips =P

After reading the thread of making firefox faster, I'm a little jealous. I'm a Opera user.

Opera users report in. Is there any tips for a faster Opera?

Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Well, I've used Opera, and I don't think there's any way to configure it like you can with Firefox. If anyone finds one, you'll surprise the heck out of me.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
MrAlex

Post by MrAlex »

It all depends on the following things:

1. Your RAM size
2. Your internet speed
3. Your processor
Basically your computer specs.
Wont be back till Sunday!
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

You can actually make it faster, but they are so old.

The popular ways are:
Disable Name Completion and local network lookup (This is a problem in explorer.exe in Windows XP too)
Increase the time cached images are used before checking for new versions
Remove unneeded and duplicate plugins
Rebuild your profile if you have upgraded Opera (This inpoves the performance alot, but i've got bookmarks and rss feeds in this profile..)
Disable Turbo mode
Increase the number of total connections
Reduce the amount of visited pages in history
Change Expiry Settings
Save Images Faster
Delay mail and rss connections at startup

Source: http://www.ghacks.net/2007/03/29/10-tip ... p-opera-9/
by: Martin
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Wow, I never knew that would speed things up, rebuilding the profile I mean. How does that work?
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

It does, when I say speed things up, it isn't just refering to the speed of loading the page; it is the speed of running the program. The program has to load your profile, read your profile, then load and read the mails and RSS before you can ****. ( I think that's the downside). Much is Windows Media Player, I have 20GB of songs in the archive, WMP stores it in a XML, that is about 20MB. Everytime I load the player, it loads the XML, there is a lag. Once I deleted the XML file, it loads instantly, but I have to rebuild the library again.

I don't know if you use Opera. One thing is clear about Opera - Your computer speed will affect your loading speed of the page. This isn't happening to my IE7.