Two Web Browser that are maybe better than Firefox.

Any duscussion regarding softwares can be carried out here.
hxzlan

Two Web Browser that are maybe better than Firefox.

Post by hxzlan »

I'm not sure how many of you have seen these two,

Flock - The Social Web Browser

Apple - Safari 3 Public Beta

I would explain more but its probably better if you just take a look and yes Safari is availble for windows

I use flock because i can use all the FF addons with flocks exclusive stuff

darko

Post by darko »

Since the moment i first installed firefox, i never lloked back at IE and never was able to get used to any other browser. it came time were i had over 10 browsers installed for webdesigne testing and i tell you from experience that firefox is the best one among them, cause it always had the best appearance. i dont use any add-ons, just plain browsing. Opera comes in the second place of course

Regards
Darko
Darko
csoftdev

Post by csoftdev »

i have tried many other browsers, but i still come back to firefox. IE is lousy, and problematic.
Alwahsh

Post by Alwahsh »

and also there is Avant Browser but at all I use IE7
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

Better than Firefox?

I'd say even Internet explorer is better than FF. Man FF takes at least 10 seconds to launch, while IE7 only takes 0.5. Yes, I upgraded my computer, it used to be at least 20 seconds for FF.

The point is, being a 'better' browser or not is subjective.

I am a person who wants to open up the browser and start surfing like nobody's business. Firefox launch too slowly, and the only good thing about Firefox to me is that it is easily tweakable and the abundant supply of useless plugins, which tends to worsen its launching duration even more.

And why is Opera not listed.. Hmm
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

thetarget wrote:Better than Firefox?

I'd say even Internet explorer is better than FF. Man FF takes at least 10 seconds to launch, while IE7 only takes 0.5. Yes, I upgraded my computer, it used to be at least 20 seconds for FF.

The point is, being a 'better' browser or not is subjective.

I am a person who wants to open up the browser and start surfing like nobody's business. Firefox launch too slowly, and the only good thing about Firefox to me is that it is easily tweakable and the abundant supply of useless plugins, which tends to worsen its launching duration even more.

And why is Opera not listed.. Hmm
Firefox more than enough compensates the longer time to launch with quickly loading the webpages!!
damen57

Post by damen57 »

Yes, I have found that Firefox loads a little bit slower then IE, but once it is open your home page is up.

When I open IE, it opens ALMOST right away, but it takes like 10 seconds for the home page to load.
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

SHAdmin wrote:Firefox more than enough compensates the longer time to launch with quickly loading the webpages!!
I don't know if that is true or not, even if it is, I'll still take opera. Let's just say I've compared Firefox 3 with Opera 9.51 (9.52 is out people!!), and I believe what I saw and what I think I saw. Opera is much faster at opening pages. Only problem is that it caches every page.

I still use IE7 for my bank transactions, for some reason J2EE with firefox keeps slowing down my computer.

Don't get me wrong, I like Firefox and I DO use it when I'm visiting sites specially designed for mobile platforms. As I mentioned previously, I love the tweaking in Firefox.
echolist

Post by echolist »

i think, the FF is the best for me yea, because this is it have many addons, and if we tweak up the FF is so fast too
Master2010

Thankyou

Post by Master2010 »

thank you fr the fantastic program