Winrar Or Winzip?

Any duscussion regarding softwares can be carried out here.
Lixas

Post by Lixas »

waqass wrote:I don't recommend both of these! They both are commercial and crap! Go for 7 zip at http://www.7-zip.org which is free, open source , fast and reliale. It can handle almost every popular format like .zip .rar .tar.gz .cab and also its own 7zip format which compresses more than any other available compression software!
fully agree. best, free and most important- open source. I think future belong to Open Source products ;)

forex_199

Post by forex_199 »

I use winrar
and its good
mburnz

Post by mburnz »

waqass wrote:I don't recommend both of these! They both are commercial and crap! Go for 7 zip at http://www.7-zip.org which is free, open source , fast and reliale. It can handle almost every popular format like .zip .rar .tar.gz .cab and also its own 7zip format which compresses more than any other available compression software!
My 10 cents worth, 7-zip is the best for all of the reasons given above. I am yet to find a (compressed) file it cannot open.
Gebbo

winzip or rar

Post by Gebbo »

i use win rar as well winzip is kinda crap....
.............................:: Spirit of Fire ::..................................

smk

Post by smk »

Thats what i use
Cory: Mr. Feeny, under my desk is a key. It opens locker 703 in a Florida station. In there is all my homework from the past 5 years. I'm actually a wonderful student. I listen and I know everything.
Mr. F: What's the capital of Montana?
Cory: You're not going to Florida, are you?
---------------------
Eric: I have a question that I'm going to need a yes or no answer to. How many people get into Yale each year?
Mr. F
: No.
sazabi

Post by sazabi »

I prefer the winrar but I am also appreciate the open source one :)
Tomf

Post by Tomf »

I use one called IZarc It can open 7zips unless they are spanned and it even opens mac stuffit files
There may come a day when the courage of men fails, When we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day, An hour of wolves and shattered shields, When the age of men comes crashing down, But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth I bid you stand! Men of the west!
iBye

Post by iBye »

I use Winrar
Tired of Newbies asking Questions? Tell them www.UseGoogleFFS.com
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

I use Winzip 11.0 Pro
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
gratisan

Post by gratisan »

anish wrote:I personally use winrar and i think it is far more better than winzip. What do you think?
both of them between winzip and winrar is ok, but for me i have choice with winrar compess, very simple and easy.