Best FTP manager

Any duscussion regarding softwares can be carried out here.
frisky168

Best FTP manager

Post by frisky168 »

Which FTP manager do you use?
why do you use it?

Which one is the best? free or otherwise,

I am looking for a FTP manager (can pay) that could give me many advanced features,
like site to site transfer, zip functions.....

leo

Post by leo »

For me, I always use SmartFTP to transfer my stuff to and fro my account(s). It's free (unregistered version anyway). I use it since i started creating my web apps and it hasn't ever failed on me. It's easy to use, with tons of features packed in.

For archiving / site to site transfers, I simply use ssh / tar / ftp to compress and transfer my files to another location. This way gives me more control and I always love the command line :)
frisky168

Post by frisky168 »

I use CoreFtp. It is very good and has some exceptional features like storing the FTP login info in a file instead of system regsitry, easy to mange list of FTP servers to login. I like it's interface, simple but powerful.
Saromus

Post by Saromus »

frisky168 wrote:Which FTP manager do you use?
why do you use it?

Which one is the best? free or otherwise,

I am looking for a FTP manager (can pay) that could give me many advanced features,
like site to site transfer, zip functions.....
I use Filezilla as it is easy for even people who are learning how to use FTP. SmartFTP is more like they expect you to know a lot about FTP already. Plus Filezilla has the simple ****, drag and drop :)
web_master

Post by web_master »

I like to use Dreamweaver 9 ftp program. Very easy and great to use.
delivi

Post by delivi »

the Best free FTP manager is FileZilla, it is an Opersource software and has a lot of features that commercial FTp programs provide.
kainengland

Post by kainengland »

smartftp
cuteftp

BulletProof

Post by Flickorian »

My personal preference for FTP would be BulletProof FTP. While it is not free, it is definiltey a good FTP program with easy to use features. I've used the others and nothing really suits me better.

http://www.bpftp.com/

"BulletProof FTP is an automatic FTP program. It automatically reconnects and resumes file transfers right from where it left off if the connection is lost, or no data is received for a specified period of time. You can download files in any order, from any directory on an FTP site. Browse the FTP site from the cache while off line or transferring."

Free, easy download:
http://www.download.com/BulletProof-FTP ... ag=lst-0-1
ag3nt

Post by ag3nt »

Im using smartftp.Its really smart like its name and its free.I used cuteftp before.It was good but i prefer smartftp to cuteftp anyways.
forex_199

Post by forex_199 »

Filezilla ftp
cute ftp