Very good text editor[notepad++] and open source!

Any duscussion regarding softwares can be carried out here.
fatihalp

Very good text editor[notepad++] and open source!

Post by fatihalp »

yesterday ı was looking for a good text editor and ı find it finally
here you can download
http://sourceforge.net/projects/notepad-plus

if you have better than pls note that :wink:

elicoten

Post by elicoten »

Looks cool but there are so many similar programs its difficult to know which is the best one. I use regular notepad because its very quick to load and it does what I need.
jeremy90

Post by jeremy90 »

looks really cool, i may download it later to check out
aalmighty

Post by aalmighty »

Why do you need to download a notepad program from the internet? The standard one works well.
darko

Post by darko »

This is one my favorite programs, if you're a programmer, and don't want to use any fancy software, you can download noepad++. now if you are wondering what makes it better then the regulare noepad, here the answer. first it has multiple tab feature, witch enables you to open multiple files in one window, and when you start writing in any file, you can see the number of lines, witch make it easer for debugging, and when you open an html or php or any other programming language file, the line are multicolored, witch makes it easier, for the reader to understand what the program does, plus if you have a mouse with a scroll, you can **** the ctrl button and move the scroll up and down to change the text size.
these are just some of the feature that notepad++ has, and there's alot more, and you can download it fast it's not that big, and when you install it, you can always use the regular noepad if you don't like what you see

Regards
Darko
Darko
jeremy90

Post by jeremy90 »

darko wrote:This is one my favorite programs, if you're a programmer, and don't want to use any fancy software, you can download noepad++. now if you are wondering what makes it better then the regulare noepad, here the answer. first it has multiple tab feature, witch enables you to open multiple files in one window, and when you start writing in any file, you can see the number of lines, witch make it easer for debugging, and when you open an html or php or any other programming language file, the line are multicolored, witch makes it easier, for the reader to understand what the program does, plus if you have a mouse with a scroll, you can **** the ctrl button and move the scroll up and down to change the text size.
these are just some of the feature that notepad++ has, and there's alot more, and you can download it fast it's not that big, and when you install it, you can always use the regular noepad if you don't like what you see

Regards
Darko
wow thanks a lot, that long post really helped me out a lot

i was thinking of not getting it because it will just be like every one i see with it be all fancy and stuff, but this seems nice i simple and what i need
Itaiber2000

cool thanks

Post by Itaiber2000 »

thanks darko for the quick review of the program, it think i'm gonna install it right away.
* Itai Berman *
danielroux

Post by danielroux »

Notepad++ its really god, i also like Edit Plus although you have to pay for the pro version and another good one is Crimson Editor which is free :).
qcx

Post by qcx »

I always find sourgeforge very useful. Really cool software! Thanx
iSTiFYeTi

Post by iSTiFYeTi »

Thanx. This is my favorite program. Good sofware.