Microsoft Windows Vista

Any duscussion regarding softwares can be carried out here.
norulez

Post by norulez »

You have to wait atleast 1 year I think.

melvyn

Post by melvyn »

I dont know if my Vista is active or not but my XP works jus the same.

I think the only part of my computer that is Vista is my desktop theme.
It came pre-installed when my mom bought the computer.
Arranged in Order.
ImageImageImageImage
aquarium

Post by aquarium »

I think vista will be great as long as they do not put some crappy things into it like on the os the widgets are all over the place...
I am unstoppable.....
Mizo

Post by Mizo »

no not yet i think its will be at the first month in 2007
Freedom Fighter

Post by Freedom Fighter »

well my vista works just like a sp3 becasue that is what it is. But it is still a beta so it is worse than sp2
thermal

Re: Microsoft Windows Vista

Post by thermal »

melvyn wrote:Is MS Vista come out yet?
Microsoft's officials said that the consumer version will be out by the end of January 2007, but possibly there shall be further delays....
jtcandra

Post by jtcandra »

is the system requirement really high?
elicoten

Post by elicoten »

All your questions about Vista BETA can be answered on the on the "Get Ready for Vista" website.

The Beta 2 is available for download there as well, so no need for illegal download sites. Download size is 3.3Gb for x86 or 4.4Gb for x64. You need DVD Writing capability to burn the DVD once downloaded.

Microsoft have released two sets of system requirements, one for the "core" experience and one for the "Premium" specification. There is an upgrade advisor available for download from the Get Ready website linked to above.

Windows Vista can be installed in two ways. Either you can use install it as an upgrade over your existing XP installation, or you can do a fresh install. Once installed it cannot be uninstalled - so bear this in mind if you are upgrading from XP. As a beta is it likely to have bugs so don't use it on your main computer (unless you don't mind the bugs - nobody knows what they are or how they will affect it). It is supposedly locked to stop working about this June 2007, at which time you either buy the retail version or reformat and reinstall XP.

Good luck to all those testers with spare computers that are powerful enough to run it.
jtcandra

Post by jtcandra »

Thx for the information, elicoten. :)
I'll go check it out.
ddarude

Post by ddarude »

elicoten wrote:All your questions about Vista BETA can be answered on the on the "Get Ready for Vista" website.

The Beta 2 is available for download there as well, so no need for illegal download sites. Download size is 3.3Gb for x86 or 4.4Gb for x64. You need DVD Writing capability to burn the DVD once downloaded.

Microsoft have released two sets of system requirements, one for the "core" experience and one for the "Premium" specification. There is an upgrade advisor available for download from the Get Ready website linked to above.

Windows Vista can be installed in two ways. Either you can use install it as an upgrade over your existing XP installation, or you can do a fresh install. Once installed it cannot be uninstalled - so bear this in mind if you are upgrading from XP. As a beta is it likely to have bugs so don't use it on your main computer (unless you don't mind the bugs - nobody knows what they are or how they will affect it). It is supposedly locked to stop working about this June 2007, at which time you either buy the retail version or reformat and reinstall XP.

Good luck to all those testers with spare computers that are powerful enough to run it.
wow such a huge operating system compare with their previous ones.
No wonder they have such high Hardware requirements
http://www.stonersdent.com
63.208.142.108:27015