Cable Connection Speed-up Software

Any duscussion regarding softwares can be carried out here.
amr12391

Post by amr12391 »

YEa i know a way u can! call up your ISp and ask for more speed! there ya go...

In war there a only 2 things that should matter to you.

1. Your Life
2. And Your Friends/Brothers (If Any)

But... what do you do if you are surronded by nazis and your squad is almost all dead?

RUN BITCH RUN!!!
Valiantheart

Post by Valiantheart »

amr12391 wrote:YEa i know a way u can! call up your ISp and ask for more speed! there ya go...
Yeah, they won't ask for too much in return :P
msetters

Speed-up Software

Post by msetters »

There are some softwares that are designed to force the modem or netowrk adapter to draw more bandwith from your isp's server, i have tried this and only ever really got bout 6k extra lol. Phone lines in the uk dont actually go upto the 56k speed they advertise we get more like 32 or 40. Just depends on the type of line you have as all the lines in uk were upgraded to go digital.
Rapboy

Post by Rapboy »

The best way of gettin cable speed up is contacting your ISP as they said.
Programs that configure your connection arent most of the time good.
If u like u can tweek it up yourself

http://www.tweakxp.com/Article37934.aspx
ddarude

Post by ddarude »

If you want to tweak your cable, pay the higher speed plan :)
You will get what you pay
aquarium

Post by aquarium »

In my country the prices are silly for 512MB you pay 4 $
and for a monthly fee you pay another 13 $
and a am using the slowest adsl................huh

But i know one thing that there is no internet speed up softwares.
I am unstoppable.....
Freedom Fighter

Post by Freedom Fighter »

well there are 4 ways.

1) call your isp
2) Better router
3)hack your isp

ok this one you won believe
4) clean up your msconfig settings.
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

how do you clean your msconfig settings?

BTW if your looking to speed up your internet connection you could always turn image processing to performance. It will degrade the images you load on the internet. You will never get more than what your paying for but you can possibly view site's much quicker.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
elicoten

Use Firefox for best results!

Post by elicoten »

you could always turn image processing to performance
What exactly do you mean here. Do you mean the hardware acceleration settings? To be honest this doesn't sound like it would make any improvement at all, and probably wouldn't make much difference in the image quality either, unless you happen to be using an ancient computer (over 7 years old or something ridiculous like that).
1) Call your isp
This would only work if there was either a problem with the ISP connection, in which case their technical support department would have to deal with it, and it is more of a troubleshooting technique rather than optimisation, or else if you were asking for an upgrade, which you mean more money usually. More money can always buy you a faster connection, and that wouldnt' necessarily be dependant on ISP.
2) Better router
I don't see how this would help, unless you happen to have a paticularly appalling router, most routers are designed to share high speed internet connections and data traffic at upto 100Mbps (or even 1000Mbps) for ethernet or upto 54Mbps for wireless. These speeds are much greater than the average DSL/Cable broadband connection and so changing the router isn't likely to make a difference.
3)hack your isp
Interesting idea, doesn't sound very practial though :)
4) clean up your msconfig settings
Most likely to work but it depends on MsConfig being messed up in the first place. IMHO, msconfig is a poor startup manager as it likes to popup messages every time you startup after having used it. If there are too many programs running on startup it can often be due to some kind of malware installation and so the way to proceed is to do an online antimalware scan. If this isn't the case and you do have too many legimate programs running then usually the programs themselves will have in their options somewhere to allow you to disable them at startup, or else you could uninstall them.

If you did need to use a startup manager then try something like A2HijackFree. There are many different startup managers out there and if any one knows of a paticlarly good one then reply to this post.

Of couse the other way to make a slight improvement to webpage loading times is to use an optimised browser. Internet Explorer is comparatively slow. According to the browser tests, Opera is the fastest, but in my experience, Firefox with Firetune makes a very impressive improvement to page loading times in Firefox.
Freedom Fighter

Post by Freedom Fighter »

umm poor no it works with windows and it does not pop up eevery time if you tick the box that says do not show this at start up duh!!! to clean it up I ment do this:

1)**** start
2)**** run
3)type msconfig
4)general tab
5)select selective start up
6)un tick, system.ini file, win.ini file and load startup items but leave system servises ticked
7)services tab
8)tick hide all microsfot services
9)push the diable all button
10)start up tab
11)**** diable all.

Done

This will make your computer have a fast start up and run with more memory. Do not worry this will no impeede any of yout anti virus soft ware.