32 vs 64 bit ?

Any discussion regarding hardware features as well as hardware troubleshooting can be carried out here.
locust

Post by locust »

hopefully the new vistas support for emt64 machines are alot better then the xp 64 version. there are way to many bugs and glicthes in the win xp 64 version right now.

iyrz

Post by iyrz »

32 bit is enough,but 64 bit is the trend.
Bulletproof

Post by Bulletproof »

i dont know, i always used 32 bit.
siva

Post by siva »

I think that there are not so many 64bit software disapeard.
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

64 bit processors can load alot more things and alot quicker, but yes, stick with 32 till all the bugs have been ironed out
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

For the record, just because something says Dual-Core doesn't mean it's 64 Bit Processing. There are plenty of Dual Core 32 Bit Processors.

Eventually the market will be only 64 bit processing or it will completely skip 64 and shoot straight to 128 which everyone will then die for and programmers will make many applications and such for the 128 bit processing.

I have a Sempron 64Bit but... blah no company will make 64 bit programs due to the fact that the chances of people buying a 64 bit operating system is very slim to none and the ammount of people with 98 - XP 32bit and now with Vista being only 32 bit unless you get the 64 bit system which costs a pretty penny most people are still only going to be on 32 bit systems. So for the smaller programs which most of us use they couldn't afford to make a program compatable with a 64 bit system and actually make a profit due to the new demand of Vista.

Now once video games go 64 bit, and major programs go 64 bit and the only new operating systems are strictly 64 bit... then everything will go 64 bit and people will have to upgrade or be left in the dust.

Which I was watching that PC vs. Mac commercial and the PC was upgrading everything... Processor, Graphics, Memory, and I'm sitting there thinking... why not just toss him off the commercial and bring someone else on because when you upgrade your computer... it isn't the same computer.. it's a new computer because upgrading your processor, graphics, and memory means a new mother board possibly a better PSU... why not just buy a whole new computer? sheesh... he was acting like he was an old junk gateway from 1998 and he hadn't been upgraded in many years. Even my $500 machine I threw together can hold Vista.

Back to topic... 32Bit beats 64bit due to higher demand and more availability... in my opinion if you want to stay TECHNICALLY UP TO DATE then I would buy a 64 bit system but... don't get a 64 bit operating system, let it bottleneck and as soon as 64 bit gets big... no wait.. I take that back... if you got the money to buy a 64 bit processor and an operating system... then get a REFUND and buy a Core 2 Duo processor... MUCH BETTER deal. :D...
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
sazabi

Post by sazabi »

TheCrymsonLegends wrote:For the record, just because something says Dual-Core doesn't mean it's 64 Bit Processing. There are plenty of Dual Core 32 Bit Processors.

Eventually the market will be only 64 bit processing or it will completely skip 64 and shoot straight to 128 which everyone will then die for and programmers will make many applications and such for the 128 bit processing.

I have a Sempron 64Bit but... blah no company will make 64 bit programs due to the fact that the chances of people buying a 64 bit operating system is very slim to none and the ammount of people with 98 - XP 32bit and now with Vista being only 32 bit unless you get the 64 bit system which costs a pretty penny most people are still only going to be on 32 bit systems. So for the smaller programs which most of us use they couldn't afford to make a program compatable with a 64 bit system and actually make a profit due to the new demand of Vista.

Now once video games go 64 bit, and major programs go 64 bit and the only new operating systems are strictly 64 bit... then everything will go 64 bit and people will have to upgrade or be left in the dust.

Which I was watching that PC vs. Mac commercial and the PC was upgrading everything... Processor, Graphics, Memory, and I'm sitting there thinking... why not just toss him off the commercial and bring someone else on because when you upgrade your computer... it isn't the same computer.. it's a new computer because upgrading your processor, graphics, and memory means a new mother board possibly a better PSU... why not just buy a whole new computer? sheesh... he was acting like he was an old junk gateway from 1998 and he hadn't been upgraded in many years. Even my $500 machine I threw together can hold Vista.

Back to topic... 32Bit beats 64bit due to higher demand and more availability... in my opinion if you want to stay TECHNICALLY UP TO DATE then I would buy a 64 bit system but... don't get a 64 bit operating system, let it bottleneck and as soon as 64 bit gets big... no wait.. I take that back... if you got the money to buy a 64 bit processor and an operating system... then get a REFUND and buy a Core 2 Duo processor... MUCH BETTER deal. :D...
Totally Agree!
garfunkel

Post by garfunkel »

x86 will be staying for a very long time, trust me, x64 ATM is too much of a liablility, too little drivers, too little user base, too few advanctages. Right now i would suggest to stay with an x86 system for a few more years yet.
anish

Post by anish »

I am also sticked to 32 bit processer.
sakhan

Post by sakhan »

i think 64 bit would be a good choice