PC widout a HD drive?

Any discussion regarding hardware features as well as hardware troubleshooting can be carried out here.

Best Processor ??

Asus
75%
Asus
19%
Asus
6%

Total votes: 16
afzal

PC widout a HD drive?

Post by afzal »

I wana purchse a New upgraded PC thats Y I ask of it ...

Low Price ..
Good Service
Reliable
long life
Fast

Whom will you prefer ...

've U ever sin a PC widout a HD drive? i guess u guyz cant imagine either abt it. But here i got few info-pinfo abt it..here it goes...

SAMSUNG has developed the first Solid State Disk (SSD) based on NAND Flash memory technology for consumer and mobile PC applications. The NAND- based SSD is a low power , lightweight storage media for notebook PCs, sub notebook PCs and table PCs. Using the industry’s highest density 8 GB NAND Flash , Samsung can build SSDs with a capacity of up to 16 GB, the Korean Firm in a statement.
The SSD has a power of consumption rate less than 5 percent of today’s hared disk drives (HDDs), enabling next generation mobile PCs to extend their battery life by more than 10 percent. The NAND-based SSD weighs less than half that of a comparably sized HDD.
Free of moving parts, the SSD memory has minimal noise and heat emission. Moreover, it is a highly reliable storage media that endures exceptionally well in environments with extreme temperatures and humidity, making it suited for industrial and military applications. The SSD’s performance rate exceeds that of a comparably sized HDD by more than 150 per cent. The storage disk reads data at 57 Mega Bytes per second and writes it at 32 MBps. To ensure compatibility, SSDs have been designed to look like HDDs from the outside. The 1.8-inch type SSD will be available in August 2005 for sub-notebook and tablet PCs. Samsung expects NAND flash applications to expand from current applications in digital consumer appliances, as NAND Flash high- density, data storage medium for the widest range of consumer demands.

TimedArt

Post by TimedArt »

For the PC I would recommend Sony. As for the solid state hard drive, it sounds very tempting. If over time they are able to increase the size beyond 16 Gigs, then traditional hard drives are going to have some compatition.

-TimedArt
RavineProductions

Post by RavineProductions »

Uhh, definatly get a hard drive and look the oposite direction of that flash memory. First off it will cost a crap load of money. Second, it holds barely anything. So get a hard drive. Also, whatever you do, don't buy from Dell, that company is a basically a bunch of retards trying to hump a doorknob. So go to http://www.newegg.com, search for all the parts you want, read the reviews, make sure they are compatible, then purchase and build your computer. That way you can make sure you get everything you want in the computer. Also that is the cheapest way to do things theese days. Also, never even look at AlienWare, they charge you about 400 USD for the case itself, then the computer is not that great either.
Excuse my English, I live in America.
wil

Post by wil »

I agree about avoiding the SSDs. The price is likely to be ridiculously high unless you really, really need one for some reason.

Ravine gave you some good advice -- consider buying the parts you need and build it yourself. That is often, but not always, the cheapest way to go. If you just want to upgrade, you may be able to get a good upgrade deal at a local computer shop. Take in your box, tell them which parts to replace and which ones to keep, and you spend a lot less than buying a whole new system. And sometimes it can be cheaper than buying the individual parts yourself.

Good luck,

Wil
D0M1N0R

Post by D0M1N0R »

I got the newets Intel Pentuim in my laptop
AValanche

Post by AValanche »

I think the best processor is Centrino, because it is very powerfull and very quiet. I can hardly hear the fan :D :lol:
Praveen

Post by Praveen »

First change the name in the poll. Not Athlong its Athlon.
Praveen

Post by Praveen »

And also you say that these system are too costly
Cheech

Post by Cheech »

I recall reading about a device that allowed you to shove conventional ram into it, and then it pluged into a pci slot, and also connected via IDE. It fooled the pc into thinking it was a conventional HD but it was like a zillion times faster, and a heck of allot cheeper if you have the ram allready
ihtus

Post by ihtus »

i would choose intel pentium, you can see on thg video about how the cpu are heating if you remove the fan..