Anyone Else Usin Mac?

Any discussion regarding hardware features as well as hardware troubleshooting can be carried out here.
djspinux

Anyone Else Usin Mac?

Post by djspinux »

Okay... so I know that for years there has been a HUGE war between PC users and Mac users as to which one is better, more user-friendly, faster.... etc. So here's my very own personal opinion. I Have and regularly use both an Apple Macintosh G4 with Dual 867mhz Processors and 2 GB of SDRAM and a built from scratch PC with a P4 1.5Ghz Processor and 2.5GB SDRAM.... My mac has OS X ver. 10.4.2 "Tiger" and my PC has Microsoft Windows XP Digital Media Center Edition 2004. My Mac does not get pop-ups.... nor have I EVER had a threat of a virus.... but my PC CONSTANTLY get pop-ups and I have had 2 virus' and that even WITH McAfee software installed, a firewall runnin and a Physical Firewall unit that I have connected to my home network. The beautiful pictures that I look at on my Mac look dull, pixellated, and dim on my PC and my PC video card is worth almost $200 more than my mac video card. So, in general... I'm going to have to give my Mac the winning star. Anyone else on a mac???

Peace*Love*Unity*Respect
~DJ Spinux~
TimedArt

Post by TimedArt »

I have a 15" G4 powerbook and a homemade Windows PC. Although the PC is newer and faster I still love Mac OS X. I wouldn't say one computer is better as a whole, but I would say that Mac OS is about 10 times more stable and virus free. I like using the Mac for graphics and video, and the PC for gaming and apps that don't run on Macs.

-TimedArt
tanaka

Post by tanaka »

I've just worked with Macs and I wish I have one. Maybe someday.
L O L
D0M1N0R

Post by D0M1N0R »

What is really the point of MAC?

Almost all programs and games are originallt designed for windows, and well, everything else is kinda also for windows, so why?
MoralFibre

Post by MoralFibre »

MAC's look better then PC's...Sleek White design is easy on the eyes. I'm not sure about how they function when running many processes/graphic apps. But they sure look nice ^_^
MAC < PC
tanaka

Post by tanaka »

Mac has the best platform for graphic and video applications. All big companies in movies, advertisement, publishing use Mac.
L O L
ELMOHTARF

Post by ELMOHTARF »

tanaka wrote:Mac has the best platform for graphic and video applications. All big companies in movies, advertisement, publishing use Mac.
i agree with you because i hear about it from my friend
With My Best Wishes ::::::: Scorpion :::::::::
znad

Post by znad »

i never worked with mac
wil

Post by wil »

I've been using Macs, and before that Apple IIs, since the mid-80s. Macs are great. The machines themselves are great, the OS is brilliant, and a lot of the software is unbeatable. I've also been using PCs for nearly as long as I've been using Macs, and I've never really gotten into the whole Mac vs PC thing. In some ways, it's apples and oranges. In other ways, it comes down to personal preference, and what you want to do with the machine.

In defence of Windows-based PCs, I'll say this about the popup/spyware/virus thing -- if the market share for MacOS and Windows were reversed, I suspect Mac users would be the ones constantly fighting to keep nasties off their machines.

Cheers,

Wil
kharbta

Post by kharbta »

znad wrote:i never worked with mac
So I

and Iam know every thing about windows but may be in future I will use it