fastest cpu

Any discussion regarding hardware features as well as hardware troubleshooting can be carried out here.
Tcoo

fastest cpu

Post by Tcoo »

whats the fastest cpu available to buy for a pc?

Alwahsh

Post by Alwahsh »

What's the fastest CPU available? What CPU should I buy?
ANSWER

There is no definitive answer for either question. Different processors perform differently under various applications which is highlighted in many benchmarks. Depending on the focus of the end user, it is more beneficial to buy a certain type of processor. At this time (Athlon 64 / Intel P4), generally AMD performs better on gaming applications while Intel excels in Media Encoding. The end user will have to decide what is more important to them.

High end processors always have a price premium. Unless you absolutely must have the latest and greatest processor, it is recommended that an end user buy a step or two down because the price different can be in the magnitude of 100 to 300%. The difference in performance is clearly not worth the price differential.

I got that from here : http://www.neoseeker.com/Hardware/faqs/kb/19,47.html
gold

Post by gold »

Athlon 64 / Intel P4
??
Too old processors
Ky

Post by Ky »

As Alwahsh mentioned, the title of fastest is subjective. Benchmarks vary between what is tested, and different processors are optimized differently. So there isn’t really a fastest at everything; if that was what you were asking.
Tcoo

Post by Tcoo »

no what im asking is what is the fastest pc avaliable that can be be made or pre-made, if you need even more detail id say it would need to run the game crisis or what ever people is hard to run on computers without lag
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

Just buy a Gateway FX Laptop or Desktop. The Laptops alone play Crysis on full everything and the Desktops are faster in speed. I would request you stick to newer games though for they only come in 64-Bit Mode.

The Laptops run from $1,399 to $1,699 and the one for $1,399 is actually a bit better than the more expensive ones. If you go for the desktop I'd stick with the cheaper one it offers more memory at 6Gigz but it's only 667Mhz.

I've done some research and the FSB and actual speed of a Processor have nothing actually in common. So what I had wrote could be wrong.

But yeah if you want a computer that will do everything that you need but if you want to spend your cash and have enough to spend, then I would go for Alienware. Just upgrade everything to the Max. Honestly I think spending $4,000 on a computer is a bit much when you will end up having to upgrade just as if you spent only $1,500 in the future.

From the reviews and shortly when I get the Laptop, it sounds extremely well. Also if you do get the Laptop make sure you get a great Laptop Cooler ; which the Antec Notebook Cooler 200 is the only one which pushes Air up which allows the FX to draw in air. The Fan is also large, and will definitely keep your computer cool on your lap.

It's not always what is best but what is worth the money you spend. The trick about computers is to spend as less money as possible for a computer that will last you 3 to 4 years. Don't make the mistake I did and go very very low. The FX Laptop is one of the first Desktop replacements which keeps up just well.

Edit: Don't get the EXTREME Edition of anything, it will be out of date and drop down to less than a Tenth of it's price with in 2 Months. It's a waste of money and definitively not worth it.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
RTpab

-

Post by RTpab »

Did you just try unlatching the cpu remove and replace to reseat and rewipe the contact surfaces?There could also be a build up of dust under the cpu shorting things out.