Why Grapic Card is Neccesary

Any discussion regarding hardware features as well as hardware troubleshooting can be carried out here.
rudrawadi

Why Grapic Card is Neccesary

Post by rudrawadi »

Why Grapic Card is Neccesary?
in gaming and other

iBye

Post by iBye »

Could you please explain more what you are looking for, you mean why graphic cards are necessary when you play games?
Tired of Newbies asking Questions? Tell them www.UseGoogleFFS.com
.deimonic

Post by .deimonic »

Erm. I think he means what else are graphic cards used for other than gaming.

Well I think gaming is the main reason why graphic cards are used (the good ones at least), but if you don't game much then you won't need to buy a good one and can just use the one which is inbuilt in the motherboard.
BrandonN

Post by BrandonN »

You need a good graphics card if you do video editing or gaming. Those intergrated cards are just made for flash games and extremely low detail gaming.

The great thing about having a dedicated card with it's own memory is games lag less and with it's own GPU you get better graphics and preformence.
Tcoo

Post by Tcoo »

Yep i thought the pre-installed ATIs were good as so i had heard but then i cant even watch one video in itunes without it laging.
Alwahsh

Post by Alwahsh »

do you mean why they're necessary or what are they used for ??
other members answered what are they used for but about why they're necessary because the game has graphics which needs something to be put on while the game is running which is the graphics card(not so sure of that).
sazabi

Post by sazabi »

It is because most game, especially for 3D game, which have a high demand of calculation of its polygon. As a result, in order to have smooth experience in playig the game, a good graphic card is needed.
Hacker-ks

Post by Hacker-ks »

sazabi wrote:It is because most game, especially for 3D game, which have a high demand of calculation of its polygon. As a result, in order to have smooth experience in playig the game, a good graphic card is needed.
Yes this is the reason :D
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

I don't know if anyone is reading but I'd like to lay down some points.

There are other reasons for having a stand-alone graphic card...
- Image editing; 2d applications for professionals need graphic card too, to make sure the colors are correctly rendered and printed, with speed.
- Video editing; Speed! graphic card is far more powerful then conventional CPUs.
- Replace CPU; Graphic card can be configured and be used to replace conventional CPUs, yes it works, google it.
- Many other; a graphic card calculates floating points instead of integers, in other words, its processing power far passes CPUs. This type of processor is normally use to calculate super huge algorithm like protein folding.
Gebbo

GraPHICS

Post by Gebbo »

rudrawadi wrote:Why Grapic Card is Neccesary?
in gaming and other
LOL Graphic cards are necessary so the games can generate graphics lol
.............................:: Spirit of Fire ::..................................