The $100 laptop

Any discussion regarding hardware features as well as hardware troubleshooting can be carried out here.
tdcool

Post by tdcool »

It's probably made of paper lol.

Paolo1993

Post by Paolo1993 »

i would not i think its unrealiable so i'll pass
Jonxmartini

Post by Jonxmartini »

If this is refering to the laptops for less fortunate people they arent top of the line but they are crap like everyone seems to think. And also everyone is sayinghow they are for third world countries you need to realize theres a 100s of thousands of kids in america whos family cant afford a computer and thats why they sell them to them ofr that much or schools give them to them.
icedicicle

Post by icedicicle »

They are not meant for anything more than basic schoolwork adn interacticity between students in classrooms. This is because it actually has a built in wifi connection which can detect similar laptops around it. IT does not have a hdd but uses flash memory instead. But it has a few usb ports for spare memory. All these for under a 100 bucks. Not a bad deal.
mburnz

Post by mburnz »

Jonxmartini wrote:If this is refering to the laptops for less fortunate people they arent top of the line but they are crap like everyone seems to think. And also everyone is sayinghow they are for third world countries you need to realize theres a 100s of thousands of kids in america whos family cant afford a computer and thats why they sell them to them ofr that much or schools give them to them.
The poverty rate in the USA as measured by the US census bureau currently stands at about 12.5 %. That's about 40 million people. I wonder how many of them have $100 computers.
iBye

Post by iBye »

That sounds pretty nice, but the specs is probably really bad. Link please.
iyrz

Post by iyrz »

i have already seen it,it is produced in shanghai,really bad,i will nevey buy one:(
siva

Post by siva »

For child?
monk

Post by monk »

i doubt it would really take a company much more than $100 to build a laptop. then its all supply and demand and simple marketing theft that raise the prices... like those beautiful macbooks... $2000 minimum, oh please!

peace.
m
http://monk.thesmokylounge.com ... might be a bit too psychedelic for you.
kainengland

Post by kainengland »

i Have Sean Them