Emachines

Any discussion regarding hardware features as well as hardware troubleshooting can be carried out here.
TheCrymsonLegends

Emachines

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

God, this pc was suppose to be a kick in the *** system but here we go with problems.

512Mb Memory only registering 398 ( A rip off )
100 Gig HD, only registering 64Gigs ( RIP OFF! )

If there isn't a way to make it register the proper ammount and we are able to get complete performance out of this machine... then I am going to take it back to Wal-Mart mash it up and leave it there. Rule of Computing, build your own... will work much better.

Can anyone help me get full performace out of this, for the way this machine is working I could of gotten it for a pack of cigs.. Thanks.

Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
gemini181

Post by gemini181 »

"build your own... will work much better"

I was thinking about building one of my own, and my brother said Dell computers are so cheap it's better to buy one of those. I don't need to decide for a while, what do you think about Dell :?:
TheCrymsonLegends

Well first off, this is a thread for people to help me get this POS working, I happen to like DELL my older brother has a 750Mhz Intel P3, 256Mb RAM, 20 Gig HD, and a 64MB Graphics card, and it played World or Warcraft with little to no problems in lag.

So you tell me? and please if your going to spam in my post make sure you check the Rank of me.. as Assistant Admin I could delete your post, and get a point deducted, but I am just frustraited of this computer. Not mine but my brothers, so I will let you slide, just read the post clearer next time and try not to spam, thank you.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
elicoten

Post by elicoten »

Sounds like you have a cheap onboard graphics card that is eating up RAM rather than having its own RAM. There is not much you can do about this except get either more RAM or a new graphics card.

Hard drive - the manufacturers tend to measure sizes differently to the way computers do, but 64Gb sounds like the amount of free space rather than the total size?

(side point re Dell: here in the UK they are absolutly appaling. Their computers are often faulty on delivery and then they blame the customer. Their customer support is dire/nonexistant.)
gemini181

Re: Emachines

Post by gemini181 »

TheCrymsonLegends wrote: Can anyone help me get full performace out of this, for the way this machine is working I could of gotten it for a pack of cigs..
You are correct, in that I could have read more carefully (regarding your purpose in this thread), I'm sorry.
TheCrymsonLegends wrote: Rule of Computing, build your own... will work much better.
...but I will never consider the way I participated to be spam.
TheCrymsonLegends

Sorry gemini, I had a bad day, and posted a little extremely.

I suppose in a way it wasn't spam but then again the post was asking for help, and posting
gemini181 wrote:"build your own... will work much better"

I was thinking about building one of my own, and my brother said Dell computers are so cheap it's better to buy one of those. I don't need to decide for a while, what do you think about Dell :?:
means you came into my post asking for help and asked your own question on top of it. And posting that you do not see how you participated in spam, is spam. Honestly.

Right before I read your post elicoten I found out that it was my onboard graphics, which is 128mbs. and out of 512 overall that isn't good. For the harddrive it isn't just freespace, out of 100 gigs there is only 64 available to write on, which we have 20 gigs wrttien meaning we only have 44 left. I do not know this problem but I will work on it and in time will figure it out.