Need Motherboard Support

Any discussion regarding hardware features as well as hardware troubleshooting can be carried out here.
TheCrymsonLegends

Need Motherboard Support

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

My Specs.

ABIT KU8 Motherboard
AMD 757 Socket 2800+ HTT, Sempron 64
BFG Geforce FX 5500 OC
512 mb Memory PC2100 ( yeah it's slow but don't criticize )
80 Gig Harddrive
DVD Rom/Cd Burner combo

My problem - Won't boot, the Led for power will show it has power but when I push the button, nothing...
No Fans
No Hdd
No Processor
No Noise ( I like the thought but not what i need lol )

Anyone able to help please do so, I am pretty sure about 98% positive I hooked everything up right, so just give me some ideas of what could be wrong.. thank you..

Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Just remove the power cable from the CPU socket (at the CPU end) and check if the power is actually reaching the CPU. If no, then there is some problem with your power cable, nothing to do with your computer. If the power is comming, just openup your CPU and try to change the RAM slot and checkup.

Do post the results here.
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

Well.. I decided to take the motherboard out and try to see if it was the power supply, the original motherboard worked.. so I hooked everything up outside of the case. Worked.. finally. Well got everything back in the case and hooked up, to my stupidity forgot to hook the wires to the power button so I was getting pissed that it worked out the case and not in... until I realized my noobish mistake. I don't know why it wouldn't work earlier.... but it's working the only bad thing is my motherboard doesn't recognize the processor meaning I can't get my 1600mhz FSB. I will be looking for an update for Bios so that it will finally recognize it... bad thing now is i have to reformat my computer and it's going to be fun since Microsoft says I am out of activation things.. and i might have to call some foriegn guy making his day bright by explaining why the hell i have to reactivate only 2 days after i activated xp lol. will be funn I will post once everything is fine and dandy working at 100% stability.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!