3d accelerator

Any discussion regarding hardware features as well as hardware troubleshooting can be carried out here.
jasondsouza

3d accelerator

Post by jasondsouza »

hi
i want to know what's a 3d accelerator
what does it do
whcih is the best providing company
any better substitute please reply soon

thanks
bye

--jasondsouza
ME working on a very new site. (Coming soon)
Come to my web Site
Cheech

Post by Cheech »

3d accelerator is a buzzword for a graphics card. Any card today will do 3d, I reccomend nvidia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3d_accelerator

(PS: Google is a good tool to get answers if you need them fast, or even if you dont need them, dont depend on other people to do the hard work for you)
kassandora8

Post by kassandora8 »

i think ati radeon is the best 3d accelerator card..
hanif muhamad
boyvnca

Post by boyvnca »

i think ATI is good
Bulletproof

Post by Bulletproof »

nah man Nvidia Pwnz ati
the newest card of Nvidia (the 7600 GTX) is better then the one that ati is making
Rapboy

Post by Rapboy »

nvidia is good
but the new ati is tha bomb
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

The battle between ATI and Nvidia is in the GeForce vs Radeon, you can battle it out there folks.

Like the first person replying said a Graphics Card is a 3D Accelerator, if you didn't know that your a bit behind on Technology but there are a few of them, which we are happy to help.

In my opinion the BFG GeForce 5000 Series from 5000 to 5900, unless you can afford a 6 Series but those are usually built in to motherboards. The brand doesn't make the difference it's the memory moduels, if you get a high end graphics card about 256, try to get GDDR2 or GDDR3 which are better graphics and if your motherboard has a PCI Express Slot invest in it, trust me PCI Express Graphics Cards rock, they can transfer your graphics processing much faster which allows for less lag and quicker frame rates. Before you buy a Graphics Card you need to make sure your computer can support the one your looking at examples below.

AGP - It is a special slot that speeds graphics processing up faster than PCI depending on the Graphics Card you are buying. If your computer doesn't have an AGP Slot do not buy an AGP Graphics Card, you will end up with a useless Card.

PCI Express - Special Slots on newer motherboards that improve speed between your Card and Motherboard twice the speed of AGP since it's a 16x Slot. If your computer doesn't have this slot don't get it, likewize to the above, your card will be rendered useless.

Power Wattage Required - All boxes will state what your computer needs to have to allow the Card to run at maximum ability. My card which is a BFG Geforce 5500 OC ( OverClocked ) requires a 250 Watt Power Supply to run at best performance. If your computer can't properly support the card then your better off not investing in that card, because it can cause your computer to lock up, and in some cases erase information on your harddrive. Even if your card says it recommends 250 Watt try to go with 300, because it will cover for the HardDrive, CdRom, and Floppy, which all take out of your power.

Be sure not to confuse PCI Express for regular PCI, it is a common mistake some people make. If you have Onboard Graphics, I recommend a Graphics Card, it will boost performance up alot, and check the box and make sure it will give you all the features you need, including Shaders, and ect.

Hope this helps you out, ATI vs. NVidia is all in the users preference, if you have the money I prefer a higher end ATI, such as the new one, but if your on a slightly short budget go NVidia Geforce because they have always had a flawless running line of Cards while some ATI Cards do not work properly with some games. But that is a situation you could face with any Card or Graphics Processor. Once again I hope this helps you.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
jeremy90

Post by jeremy90 »

Rapboy wrote:nvidia is good
but the new ati is tha bomb
i agree that ati is a really good one to use