Wireless netowrk card

Any discussion regarding hardware features as well as hardware troubleshooting can be carried out here.
biskit67

Wireless netowrk card

Post by biskit67 »

I have a wireless card going to my wireless router for internet access through a cable modem. My problem is the card seems to enable and disable itself. I don't know why it's doing that. Sometimes it even causes my system to lock up if I happen to be browsing at the time. Any suggestions?

ELMOHTARF

Post by ELMOHTARF »

i suggest you should install anew version of windows

and let the windows know the wireless card automatically :wink: :wink:
With My Best Wishes ::::::: Scorpion :::::::::
biskit67

Post by biskit67 »

Until they come out with something new XP is the best I can do.
destiny

haha

Post by destiny »

woah that's awesome wireless card but i dont know anything about it.
just an advice if you cant get it yo work then just contact the people that knows how to work it.
Technology this time is a lot advanced haha lol i wonder what it keep doing it to enable and disable it self...
ssc

Post by ssc »

want to buy one
desmondkok

hmm

Post by desmondkok »

wat version of OS u r using???.....
if u can let me know wat type of OS u r using, then maybe i know wat problems tat u r facing...
elicoten

Post by elicoten »

Could be a problem with signal strength. Check it. A program like Netstumbler (use google to find it) would be helpful possibly.

If it is range you can either fork out and buy a signal booster or you can move the equipment closer. You might be able to get 'high gain' antenna but I don't really know anything about this.
ddarude

Post by ddarude »

It might not be the wireless card network.
For my case, I have linksys WRT54GS and once a while router jammed and it doesn't transmit any wireless connection for a few minutes that resulting in wireless broken connection. But after I reboot the router, I don't have any problem until few months later it appears again.
So on average I have to reboot the router 4-5 times a year which is not bad at all.