I want to learn VB How can i start ?

Any help regarding any computer based programming language (non serverside) can be requested and recieved here.
Gebbo

I want to learn VB How can i start ?

Post by Gebbo »

I want to learn VB How can i start ? I want to make programmes, applications games things like that to get me started if you have any good tutorials please post them for me thank you..

.............................:: Spirit of Fire ::..................................

csoftdev

Post by csoftdev »

it is not going to be a simple process, but it is not too bad either. start with a book and write your first hello world program, then go through all the basic of looping, conditional statements etc. if you have experience with programming then it will be fast process. otherwise you need to go through all the basic including different types and PRACTICE is what is required and the most important part.
KarnSeubsamran

Post by KarnSeubsamran »

VB or VB.net

it not same.
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

First of all, read up, as much as possible.

I didn't bother to find any free softwares so I can't help you on that, school has provided me with Visual Studio 2005.
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

You can download Visual Basic 2005/2008 for free from the Microsoft web site.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
Gebbo

VB

Post by Gebbo »

okay thank you and yes i have previous experience so iill be able to pick it up faster hopefully. Does anyone have tutorials that are usefull ?
.............................:: Spirit of Fire ::..................................

Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

You can get some on the MSDN library you can download with the express edition
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Gebbo

tutorials

Post by Gebbo »

Erm have you got a link to where i can get express ?

Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

http://www.microsoft.com/express/download/ contains the download links for all components of Visual Studio 2008 Express Edition, if you choose to download the web install for Visual Basic, you will be able to choose in the install program to download the MSDN Library for Visual Studio Express Editions.
sanma

Post by sanma »

I'd suggest you to look for some beginner tutorials on devshed, programmersheaven, etc. that might help ^^