VB and others

Any help regarding any computer based programming language (non serverside) can be requested and recieved here.
Tomf

VB and others

Post by Tomf »

Hey,
I'm planning on making a game based on an old game book series called Lone Wolf but I can't decide which language to use, It doesn't need to be flashy cause it will be text only with a few still pictures. So which language is best for this? C++ C# or VB?

Lixas

Post by Lixas »

will it be web based or regular computer game?
Tomf

Post by Tomf »

It'll be a regular computer game
Lixas

Post by Lixas »

so i will move this thread to appropriate location on this forum, and other members will help you because this is web section. Good luck with game development.
csoftdev

Post by csoftdev »

perhaps C# or vb will be good for quick development? I have been using C# and vb but depending on what you need, they can be a bit slow if you are using computation intensive stuffs. i normally use C++ for those.
Tomf

Post by Tomf »

I've started in VB and I'm going fairly well thanks
_MaTT_OwNz_

Post by _MaTT_OwNz_ »

Yo i use to have a program called "Game Maker", very easy to use, u should try to gogle it, if u wanna make simple games like that, i made pac man using it. If u pay for it to, u can make 3D Graphic games (like doom graphics but), its scriping and button kinda form, easy to use. SHould check it out
Tomf

Post by Tomf »

Thanks Matt I'll check it out
Gebbo

games

Post by Gebbo »

tails im experienced with game maker if you neeed hlp you know where to find me..
.............................:: Spirit of Fire ::..................................

Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Gebbo, I'm Tails, Tomf is my brother.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti