Google Chrome Browser, A browser by Google

General discussion regarding computers can be carried out here.
thetarget

Google Chrome Browser, A browser by Google

Post by thetarget »

Site: http://www.google.com/chrome

Finally it's out, haha. It is light. And because of the lightness, I'm expecting security websites revealing its various vulnerabilities pretty soon.

For people who likes to try-it-out, I think this is a very good browser.
It launch like lightning, and loads website in a pretty acceptable speed.

Let's hope it is not another bloated browser like Firefox.

Alwahsh

Post by Alwahsh »

yeah I downloaded it yesterday , its nice in shape and some of its properties is great too especially the Home page that shows you the most visited websites
I got my Power Package
My website is here
My Forum is here
:D:D:D:D
DarkDarkDark

Post by DarkDarkDark »

Never tried it out yet, but I seem the look of it. I might try it out later on but thats only if I'm bored and mad at firefox for some reason.
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

I've used the browser before, I first got it when it was still in beta, all in all, I prefer Internet Explorer but some of the features in Chrome are really good, I like how you get alot of space to view the pages you're loading. I think it will be a good browser. And a note for those of you on Vista. If it consistently gives errors every tab/page you try to load, I've discovered a solution when it happened to me, you have to tell it to NOT run in Compatability Mode, as it sets itself to WinXP Compatability mode (No, I don't know why) And it actually can't run that way.

Well, that's my two cents anyway :P
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
damen57

Post by damen57 »

Internet Explorer is like stabbing yourself in the eye with a fork.

Firefox ftw.
Jason

Post by Jason »

I liked Google Chrome until I learnt it didn't play well with SilverLight, with that I was forced to revert back to Firefox. However, once Google Chrome comes out of Beta and into final release I will hope that this bug has been fixed (though I have been informed it's a bug with SilverLight, either way--it be fixed), then I will give it another go and hope that it's working so I can use it. I did like it/love it/was happy to replace Firefox and Internet Explorer with it until I discovered this bug.
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

damen57: What the hell? This thread is about Google Chrome, not about IE or FF. I don't recall asking your opinion of IE, or anyone else here asking your opinion, the reason IE was included in my post is because it was ON-TOPIC. Consider your thread reported.

Jason: I wasn't aware of any bug with SilverLight/Google Chrome, what is it that goes wrong? I'd like to try debugging it :P
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Jason

Post by Jason »

Tails5 wrote:Jason: I wasn't aware of any bug with SilverLight/Google Chrome, what is it that goes wrong? I'd like to try debugging it
Chrome has problems with loading SilverLight; it generally loads the audio and plays it but fails to load the video and play that. Also, the controls for it doesn't display.
The place where I discovered this was at: http://www.itv.com.

I did try reinstalling SilverLight, uninstalling SilverLight to then install it again and I also tried reinstalling Chrome but still no joy.
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Thanks for telling me about it. I plan on having some fun debugging even if I can't solve it :p
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

For Google's product to incorporate non-eccential frameworks/features, it will take time.