Howcome some guys spend a lot of time on this forum?

All other fun that doesn't go into either of the above categories.
Lisa Cuddy

Howcome some guys spend a lot of time on this forum?

Post by Lisa Cuddy »

Hey guys, long time lurker here so thought I would finally post. I'm a little shy because I'm a girl and it seems there are mostly guys here but I wanted to know why it seems you guys don't have lives. Are the guys with very high post counts really better posters than the ones with less?

SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Hi Lisa Cuddy, Firstly welcome to SmokyHosts Forums...

Well, this forum is close to 5 and half years old!! And the ones who have high post count are the ones who have been here for years together!
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

SHAdmin wrote:Hi Lisa Cuddy, Firstly welcome to SmokyHosts Forums...

Well, this forum is close to 5 and half years old!! And the ones who have high post count are the ones who have been here for years together!
SHAdmin, this would be a prime example of a Spam Bot! Lisa Cuddy is a character on House M.D. which is a TV Show.

This is a wonderful example as to how innocent the spam bots seem to appear, but they only post once with various different types of posts.. and it can be hard sometimes to distinguish the difference between a Spam Bot and an authentic poster.

I've come across various posts which a person seemed genuinely troubled by something, but the post wasn't in the right spot. Most people don't make general mistakes by posting a Welcome Message in the wrong place.. most of those are also Spam Bots.

This is exactly what caused me to just give up with Spam Bots, because I was afraid I may end up mistaking a real post for a Spam Bot and removing it, further causing dismay to the actual person who was attempting to make a post.

I've probably deleted more posts than I have posted myself full of things just like this, which as you can tell seems genuine.

How can I tell? The fact is that even if it was a girl or not, more posts generally means a person has been around longer. They make a blunt statement of seeming to not have lives. If I could post some calculations: There is 1,825+ Days in a given 5 year period. Anyone who's been around since the beginning and has posted only once per day... which doesn't take but a few seconds to a few minutes.. would have a normal life. If we had people with 10,000 to 20,000 posts.. then it may be a bit different.

These types of bots seem to have the ability to spike activity levels by offering more posts to post on, but generally the topics are real bizarre and can't really offer too much of a response. If Lisa Cuddy, this person, isn't in fact a bot, I would have to explain as to how interesting my life has been over the last 5 years and attempt to invoke a response or an apology from this person.

But yeah, these bots seem to sometimes post questionable posts which make it difficult to determine the difference between a real poster or a computer generate post.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Wow!! Now here is your experience speaking!!!

Every day I get something new to learn, and with this, you have given me the moment for today :)
Gebbo

Spam bots

Post by Gebbo »

SHAdmin wrote:Wow!! Now here is your experience speaking!!!

Every day I get something new to learn, and with this, you have given me the moment for today :)
Indeed, its a great wakup call, is there no way the forum can be further protected from spam bots ?, call the spam bot busters!!!
.............................:: Spirit of Fire ::..................................

Freedom Fighter

Post by Freedom Fighter »

Wow I really dont get the point.
I would understand if it was a content generating bot working for SHAdmin but
these spam simply dont even do the job.

wheres the advertisement the links the garbage.

you know what i mean?