Hoho... Finally a new Rig!

All other fun that doesn't go into either of the above categories.
thetarget

Hoho... Finally a new Rig!

Post by thetarget »

I just bought a new computer... A full set this time.. with monitor, keyboard, mouse and headphone. It's the first time in YEARS..

Here are the specs:

Monitor Samsung 2494HS
Keyboard: Razor Lycosa
Mouse: Razor Darthadar
Headphone: Steelseries 5Hv2

Rig Casing: Cooler Master HAF 922
CPU + Board: Intel I7 860 + Gigabyte P55A-UD3
Ram: Cosair 4GB 1600 KIT
Graphics card: Saphire HD5870 Vapor-X
Hard disk: WD 1TB Black
Windows 7 PRO!!!! <--- rocks.

Total damage: -secret- :D:D

Sorry if I sound like a child. Haven't been so happy for a long time. Haha

TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

Does that mean you want to join my crew?

This forum has been dead for a long time, but if it hadn't I would be posting my new book on here. I am planning for the book to allow me to venture into the creation of a game, but I need to set certain goals for myself.

I still wish I would have learned all this coding stuff ages ago, but I am more of a thinker and not a do'er.

Congrats on the new computer, sounds like a beast. Also sounds like it set you back a couple grand lol.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

Haha yup... the damage is rather severe...

what book you talking about?
TheCrymsonLegends

I've started writing a book called "Mir'Keth." I suppose I should go ahead and start a small summary of it.

Mir'Keth: The Mayan Calander is set to end on December 21st, 2012, but no one quite expected what it was intended for. In the depths of a lake found deep in Mexico, in the Ancient Mayan region, a power spike was found. The power spike, which caught the eye of the U.S. Government, was discovered to be an ancient spacecraft which was several thousand years old.

A few months later N.A.S.A. discovered an ancient building on Mars, which concurrently activated near the same time as the spacecraft. A small team of 150, lead by Captain Jason Branam, was sent to Mars in the spacecraft to research the building, assigned to the I.B.D., Interplanetary Bureau of Discovery.

On the day of December 21st, 2012, the building activated transferring the small team across the universe to the planet Mir'Keth. On this planet magic, mythology, and all the fantasy in the world is found to be real. What will happen to the small team from Earth? Will they ever get home? The story awaits.

I think I may keep that one. It's basically a prelude to a MMORPG I would love to create one day. I thought I have better chances of my book being a top seller and someone wanting to make it into a movie, than I do trying to start up a game.

Website: http://mirketh.dyndns.org:8245 I also have a post on it under "Advertise your Website."

The good news is: If the game ever comes out, lol, your computer will be able to handle it. :P
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
Gebbo

Book

Post by Gebbo »

TheCrymsonLegends wrote:I've started writing a book called "Mir'Keth." I suppose I should go ahead and start a small summary of it.

Mir'Keth: The Mayan Calander is set to end on December 21st, 2012, but no one quite expected what it was intended for. In the depths of a lake found deep in Mexico, in the Ancient Mayan region, a power spike was found. The power spike, which caught the eye of the U.S. Government, was discovered to be an ancient spacecraft which was several thousand years old.

A few months later N.A.S.A. discovered an ancient building on Mars, which concurrently activated near the same time as the spacecraft. A small team of 150, lead by Captain Jason Branam, was sent to Mars in the spacecraft to research the building, assigned to the I.B.D., Interplanetary Bureau of Discovery.

On the day of December 21st, 2012, the building activated transferring the small team across the universe to the planet Mir'Keth. On this planet magic, mythology, and all the fantasy in the world is found to be real. What will happen to the small team from Earth? Will they ever get home? The story awaits.

I think I may keep that one. It's basically a prelude to a MMORPG I would love to create one day. I thought I have better chances of my book being a top seller and someone wanting to make it into a movie, than I do trying to start up a game.

Website: http://mirketh.dyndns.org:8245 I also have a post on it under "Advertise your Website."

The good news is: If the game ever comes out, lol, your computer will be able to handle it. :P
That sounds really good actually! Good Job
.............................:: Spirit of Fire ::..................................

TheCrymsonLegends

Thanks, I didn't mean to jack Thetarget's thread. Could we keep all discussion about my thing in the section I have indicated.

On-Topic: I want your computer TheTarget, any possible chance of you mailing it to me? Would be much appreciated lol.
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

You want my computer?

How?? Lol
TheCrymsonLegends

You pack it up in a box, and mail it to my address lol. JK, How you been? The computer holding up alright?
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

yeah... only that i realise 4gb ram is not enough...

i bought 4 more gb yesterday loading large files was much smoother.

you?
Alwahsh

Post by Alwahsh »

Nice CPU , Congrats , enjoy it :D
I got my Power Package
My website is here
My Forum is here
:D:D:D:D