Re: My recent inactivity

All other fun that doesn't go into either of the above categories.
Tails5

Re: My recent inactivity

Post by Tails5 »

Hi everyone, -
[INDENT]Sorry I've been gone for a long time, I've been very busy with my university studies. I've finished two sets of exams now :-) I'm in a degree program in Computer Studies, and so far I've had 4 units. One in Information Technology (Was easy :)), one was "Introduction to Programming" (I lost a few marks there with stupid mistakes >_>), the two I've been doing this study period are "Object-Oriented Programming" and "Database Systems" - the first being very interested, but slightly more difficult than the previous units; the latter being very annoying (Entity-Relationship sucks).

I hope to be more active on SmokyHosts in future, and hope that these forums become more active, as they were a few months after I first joined. I had purchased a hosting package with another provider when I was unable to continue posting here, and I am extremely dissatisfied with their service. I would recommend anyone here avoid "FuturedHosting", and if you must use their services, make sure you have a backup service. The only two hosting services I recommend are SmokyHosts and MochaHosts.
[/INDENT]

Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

hey... i've been gone for quite awhile too. Was in camp alot, in fact i'm going back in tomorrow.
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

I'm also surprised that SHAdmin didn't suspend my hosting service here for inactivity. Not that I'm complaining - I plan to use it until I can purchase a hosting package again - and it will help being able to host other domains here aswell.

If you're still watching the boards, SHAdmin, thanks.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

I kind of agree with you for that one. Sometimes I can be gone longer than I expected and come back to be amazed my hosting is still going. It could be due to our Longevity, but who knows?

Congratulations on your University Studies that is a good field to get into with todays' constantly expanding technology. I wish you luck in all future classes and exams :).

As for me I have been working on a new website, just trying to find everything I need in order to be able to get it coded (php) and operational. I think I am done with the layout :P.

Welcome back, hope things do come to life now that it's Summer Time.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
Gebbo

Programming

Post by Gebbo »

Tails5 wrote:Hi everyone, -
[INDENT]Sorry I've been gone for a long time, I've been very busy with my university studies. I've finished two sets of exams now :-) I'm in a degree program in Computer Studies, and so far I've had 4 units. One in Information Technology (Was easy :)), one was "Introduction to Programming" (I lost a few marks there with stupid mistakes >_>), the two I've been doing this study period are "Object-Oriented Programming" and "Database Systems" - the first being very interested, but slightly more difficult than the previous units; the latter being very annoying (Entity-Relationship sucks).

I hope to be more active on SmokyHosts in future, and hope that these forums become more active, as they were a few months after I first joined. I had purchased a hosting package with another provider when I was unable to continue posting here, and I am extremely dissatisfied with their service. I would recommend anyone here avoid "FuturedHosting", and if you must use their services, make sure you have a backup service. The only two hosting services I recommend are SmokyHosts and MochaHosts.
[/INDENT]
You lost a few marks in yourr programming, sayyyy whaaatttt ? =O im quite shocked my friend.
.............................:: Spirit of Fire ::..................................

damen57

Post by damen57 »

TheCrymsonLegends wrote:Sometimes I can be gone longer than I expected and come back to be amazed my hosting is still going.
/b]

I am amazed, and very thankful.

Over the years it's been of great help having a Smokyhosts account.
Gizza

Post by Gizza »

I haven't been on in a few years just recently got a email so thought I'd pop in.
Gebbo

Recent Inactivity

Post by Gebbo »

Gizza wrote:I haven't been on in a few years just recently got a email so thought I'd pop in.
Glad to have you back =P lol..
.............................:: Spirit of Fire ::..................................

genilanderson

Post by genilanderson »

Right now I am listening songs