The "Off-Topic" Game

All other fun that doesn't go into either of the above categories.
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

Jason wrote:Simple one then. :P
@ TheCrymsonLegends, was the online course based in the U.K? That sounds like a British system. :P (A tutor not knowing what their doing.) The U.K education system is a joke, in most cases. :rolleyes:
Honestly it was based in Arizona, US and I was talking to the guy who recruited me but little did I know he was working in a Call Center doing his job. I told him about the lack of competency from the Instructor but he just tried to keep on pushing.

Even if I would of stayed I would of ended up studying crap I already learned back in the late years of Middle School (7th and 8th Grade) and the beginning of High School (9th and 10th Grade) It was Microsoft Office using Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and all this stuff most of us learn at a real young age. I'm pushing into C++ now after learning a bit of PhP and extensive HTML. The last thing I want to go to college for is something I have already done.

So on to weird news lol. We have 10,000 members now +7 and roughly 42,000 posts. So that means 4 posts per member. I honestly feel like I have been doing everyone else's work lmao. 1136 Posts (prior to this one) means I have done the work of 284 members. Something tells me they need to log on and allow me a nice break lmao. Just some fun facts, so how many people are you worth? Divide your post count by 4 to find out.

Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

I'll be gone for a couple of weeks.

National Service enlistment... lol

Hope there will be more activity when I come back :D
TheCrymsonLegends

thetarget wrote:I'll be gone for a couple of weeks.

National Service enlistment... lol

Hope there will be more activity when I come back :D
You joined the Military? That's great!!
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

Yeah... Actually from where I come from, National Service is mondatory. Not that I don't want to join though, but only some specific vocation interests me, and I am quite certain they dont have openings for me.
Alwahsh

Post by Alwahsh »

I've done work for about 63 members here
I got my Power Package
My website is here
My Forum is here
:D:D:D:D
TheCrymsonLegends

MORE OFF TOPIC! I'm kind of bored now so I thought I would come revive this old post. But with something of use.

I'm working on a website but I don't really know much php and some of the coding that needs to be done is pretty advanced.

I can show people the website but it's the type of website where it would make money off of itself. It would need changes from time to time with some added features and such. I need some pretty decent coders to help bring it up to beta standards. I've been thinking about employing people after the website gets built but as it stands now I don't really have the funds to do that.

If anyone is interested in helping in the coding process here are some things that will need to be either hand coded or scrapped from a previous script.

Chatrooms, Memberships, Picture Rating, Blogs, Profiles, CSS, Liquid Tables, massive lists, admin sections, shout outs (scrolls between people giving shouts), gifts you can buy for other people (probably have these made by a graphics artist but the coding to give/receive the gifts would still be needed).

I have a very strong feeling this website will work out and launch with beauty, could even become as popular as Myspace, Fubar, Facebook, or any number of websites. If you want a piece of the work from either boredom or a possible job I do have a list of requirements.

1. Must be 18 yrs of age or older or very close.
2. Must be able to speak English pretty well.
3. Have to be able to start pretty quickly.
4. Have to have a good bit of time to dedicate to the website.

I honestly wish I could of learned more php over the last years of working on websites but I've just not been able to grasp it all that well. We could make it a community wide project, and figure out what the future holds in storage if the website launched well and spreads quickly. It could even be a multi-million dollar website per year.
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

i would help if i could lol
but hey if you need any help i'll gladly do it... even for free

you have a name for your page yet?
TheCrymsonLegends

thetarget wrote:i would help if i could lol
but hey if you need any help i'll gladly do it... even for free

you have a name for your page yet?
No I'm trying to find a name that is general because I am going to offer full customization of the website. Each person can make up their own ranks, names, and everything. We are offering CSS Coding through Input Fields so they can add/manage their themes. This way it's more personalized so it will be usable by a wide variety of people.

You got a new pm.
Rapboy

Post by Rapboy »

TheCrymsonLegends, i am not really sure whether i got your idea for your new website. Will it be a social network site like facebook etc. or am i completly lost?

P.S prior to this post i have done the work of 160 members.
^ Total Chaos.
Hoping to reach 1,000 post one day on SH
TheCrymsonLegends

Rapboy wrote:TheCrymsonLegends, i am not really sure whether i got your idea for your new website. Will it be a social network site like facebook etc. or am i completly lost?

P.S prior to this post i have done the work of 160 members.
Yes the website is going to be a Social Website much like Myspace, Facebook, but offer blogging like Twitter and updates once I can get coders who can do mobile coding.

On the other hand it's also going to act as a Dating Website joining people on their actual interests in the attempts people won't just get crushed by someone they meet on there. Cause I've known a lot of people who meet from Myspace, Facebook, Mocospace, and all that.

I don't want to go into too much detail because while the website isn't launched the whole thing could be stolen and created before I even am able to get it launched. I'm basically just combining every social website into one, including but not limited to Adult Friend Finder. Which if you don't know what that is or are under 18 you shouldn't worry about it.

It's just going to be more oriented towards what the actual user wants on the website, without the crap that other sites don't offer. Later on I will attempt to make it combinable with all the other websites so people can send cross site messages or invite a whole slew of friends from the other websites/messengers. I'm not sure on how to do that though.

Edit: I love making an off-topic post haha it's so much fun.

No but my website will on the other hand be limited to those 18 years of age or older, I'm hoping to have active Moderators who can catch the ones who lie. I'm sure I will figure out a way to keep the children away from the more dirty side of the website.

Right now I have one coder working on the php functions of the website. I am still working on ideas and stuff but we could use a couple more php coders for the module blocks cause there is a lot of them. Anyone want to help out? PHP Coding preferably with someone who's had a few years experience.