The "Off-Topic" Game

All other fun that doesn't go into either of the above categories.
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

Opera 10 is out. Oh yeah. Thumbnail tabs.

Gebbo

cars

Post by Gebbo »

thetarget wrote:Im into cars. or I was, I am, I dont know. I can join in car discussions too :D.

Hey Jason, you doing Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD)?
What kind of cars are you into ? Im into my Vaxhall Astra!!! =P
.............................:: Spirit of Fire ::..................................

thetarget

Post by thetarget »

Woah... So it is officially dead eh? Lol

I was into all sorts... Saloons, coupes, supercars. Haven't got time to catch up with them now.

Hey how bout you guys post your facebook links here?

I just created mine lol.
http://www.facebook.com/tartheget
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

I won't post mine publicly, but I will join anyone who has one. I'll add you Target, I'll be the guy flipping you off.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

dammit... 4 more days and i have to book into the new camp... DAMN I'm addicted to freedom.
TheCrymsonLegends

What is this camp that you speak of?
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

TheCrymsonLegends wrote:What is this camp that you speak of?
another military training camp.
Rapboy

Post by Rapboy »

TheCrymsonLegends wrote:Yes the website is going to be a Social Website much like Myspace, Facebook, but offer blogging like Twitter and updates once I can get coders who can do mobile coding.

On the other hand it's also going to act as a Dating Website joining people on their actual interests in the attempts people won't just get crushed by someone they meet on there. Cause I've known a lot of people who meet from Myspace, Facebook, Mocospace, and all that.

I don't want to go into too much detail because while the website isn't launched the whole thing could be stolen and created before I even am able to get it launched. I'm basically just combining every social website into one, including but not limited to Adult Friend Finder. Which if you don't know what that is or are under 18 you shouldn't worry about it.

It's just going to be more oriented towards what the actual user wants on the website, without the crap that other sites don't offer. Later on I will attempt to make it combinable with all the other websites so people can send cross site messages or invite a whole slew of friends from the other websites/messengers. I'm not sure on how to do that though.

Edit: I love making an off-topic post haha it's so much fun.

No but my website will on the other hand be limited to those 18 years of age or older, I'm hoping to have active Moderators who can catch the ones who lie. I'm sure I will figure out a way to keep the children away from the more dirty side of the website.

Right now I have one coder working on the php functions of the website. I am still working on ideas and stuff but we could use a couple more php coders for the module blocks cause there is a lot of them. Anyone want to help out? PHP Coding preferably with someone who's had a few years experience.
your idea sounds good, and your are right not revealing every detail cause it could be quickly stolen and carried out by some1 else.
I also know people that have met people throught myspace facebook.... etc, but it will be hard to attract those people to join your site unless you have a good plan inplace, which i think you might do. If it works out, you could be a competition to those social website.
I am not really used to most social websites as i dont tend to have time for them, but did u make a mistake here (Buttom Quote) Lolz.
TheCrymsonLegends wrote:It's just going to be more oriented towards what the actual user wants on the website, without the crap that other sites don't offer..
They probably dont offer that because it is crap (sarcasm)

That cross site message system sounds difficult to implement, as i think you will probably need access to the social websites system. I am basing that assumption on the point that i thought/think that it was not possible to send a message outside a particular social website you are a member.

Btw keeping underage of the website will be impossible, because they can always claim to be over 18 and there is no way of verifying whether that is the truth or not. But will your site contain explicit adult material?? Because if it would not, then i would have thought allowing anyone to join will increase your websites popularity. Or initially you could let everyone join then ones it becomes a bit established you could split it up into two parts.

Anyway good luck and incase you need some help other than coding or something that wont take up alot of time, then i am willing to help, and i hope you post the link in smokyhosts once the website is setup.
^ Total Chaos.
Hoping to reach 1,000 post one day on SH
TheCrymsonLegends

Since the website will have two sides to the site, I will require a valid photo ID with Birth date for proof of age. Most people use credit cards due to the knowledge it is impossible to get a card under the age of 18, but there are many flaws to this system. Other sites use an honor system, but they do not accurately fight against minors accessing the website.

The adult material would be much like what is found on Fubar. People pose **** photos of themselves with a wide range of explicit levels. Some are soft core, others are more ****, and a few are barely found as **** at all. The website manages to bring in a lot of money with the manner in which they have built it, so I'm thinking it's a good idea.

The main reason credit card verification fails is because they have to take a little money out of the card to verify it's an active card. Most people do not have credit cards nor trust that the website will not charge. I find that credit card verification websites are not really worth the time, nor the risk.

If you don't have any active way of keeping minors away from the **** or prevent minors from uploading their own **** images then the website can get sued. Due to intellectual property laws, any material found on the website is property of the website which entitles Lawful Actions against the website if anything is found.

On Fubar I've actually run into a few 17 year old females who will straight up admit they are 17, but the website is strictly for 18+. I don't want to host a website with the chance that minors can access these adult photos nor have a chance they will upload them.

Since the adult side of the site will be verified by Photo ID, a Valid State License, we could also find a way to run the ID Numbers to verify the age. This would be an active fight against allowing minors to access, which would raise how people feel about the website.

Of course this isn't the only factor we would have to worry about, but it's a main concern.

Now for the "crap" that I was talking about, I am referring to an assortment of abilities where the user can specify what they want. If they want friends only, they would be paired up with friends only. It's a social website that will actively match a user with exactly what they want. This will prevent some drama for users and allow them to feel comfortable with who they accept on their friend's list.

There are also a ton of features that social websites do not offer to their members, which my website would offer. The website was getting coded, but I have not talked to my coder in a couple days so I am not 100% sure what progress has been made. Hopefully it's more progress than I am currently thinking, but I will be working on the website myself once I get some of the code from my coder. This should bring the website to Beta Version sometime in the near future. I will post the website once it is in Beta, and a full release of a 100% Professional Code will be launched a couple months after Beta.

The only downfall to a social website is the lack of spreading through people who join it. I'm also not planning on teaming up with Twitter, but that's just a personal choice.

For cross site messaging, it's pretty impossible without the permission from the other websites, but if the website becomes big enough... we may have some negotiation room with the top social networks to combine all networks through messaging or adding. It's possible to cross site message, but only if you have a SQL Username and Database Access in which to send the information to another website.
Gebbo

Intro car

Post by Gebbo »

thetarget wrote:Im into cars. or I was, I am, I dont know. I can join in car discussions too :D.

Hey Jason, you doing Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD)?
what car do you have ? I have a Vaxaul Astra =P and im doing Entity Diagrams actually =P
.............................:: Spirit of Fire ::..................................