Finally, my Windows is back.

All other fun that doesn't go into either of the above categories.
Tails5

Finally, my Windows is back.

Post by Tails5 »

If anyone's read my post a little while back (link: http://smokyhosts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6724) then you'd know that I've been running Linux, because my Windows didn't start properly, and the Vista/XP drive is busted. Well I've found my XP Pro install discs - so now I'm running Windows again, and it's such a refreshing change after running Ubuntu, I mean Linux is nice - Open Source is great. But I honestly can't do without my Windows.

Sure I might install Linux once I get a bigger HD, so I can have both - but something just turned me off of Linux: I posted on the forums (Linux ones, not these) that I wouldn't be around for a while cause I installed Windows, explained why and all that, and said that I liked the Open Source principle and would come back to Linux when I had enough space to install it alongside Windows, and I was linked to a rather long article that was entirely based around arrogance, with statements like "If you don't like *insert random linux thing here* then we don't want you" and "Don't think Why should I want Linux but Why should Linux want me".

Honestly that just tops the lot, why the hell should any of us care what a piece of software wants? This comes close to surpassing the arrogance of Microsoft, and atleast Microsoft has something to be arrogant about with 95% of PCs running Windows.

Well, that's the end of my rant. Thanks for listening, respond and tell me your opinion anyway.

Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
tewage

Post by tewage »

All I have to say is...Stick with Windows. I actually tried to use the Apple Laptop, don't know what model. This laptop is so confusing, I mean the only thing I could do is listen to music and write. It's basically like a college students laptop. I mean the internet was okay, but saying Apples aren't my favorite.
genilanderson

Post by genilanderson »

Thanks for everyone for good information