I'm back

All other fun that doesn't go into either of the above categories.
Tails5

I'm back

Post by Tails5 »

Hi everyone - I know it's been ages since I last posted, so I thought I should come on and explain why.

Alot of very bad things have been happening with my computer. First my Windows Vista/XP Hard drive failed the S.M.A.R.T test, saying it had 24 hours to live, so I stopped using it immediately so when I get a hard drive with enough capacity I can save all my data. Next my other HD, Running Windows 98/ME went through some problems, first 98 broke (To be expected, it's a darn old OS), and then I installed a Linux distro so I could use the newer browsers so the internet would look normal again - which was a mistake, after installing Linux, Windows ME refuses to start at all, and the Linux that I installed, Ubuntu 8.10 decided that it wouldn't work with my video card, I posted on Ubuntu forums about it and found that it probably never will work with it.

So then I downgraded my Ubuntu OS to 8.04.1 and even then it took me 2 weeks to finally make the drivers work with my video card, and after I fix that, the dog decides that she'll chew right through my router's power cord, which would have killed her if she hadn't pulled it out of the plug first. I finally have the router working again, and I think that I'll be able to get a larger HD for only $105 this coming week so I can restore my Vista/XP drive.

Finally, I'd like to thank SHAdmin for not suspending my account during my inactivity, I'll get my activity back up now that I'm back.

Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

Hey welcome back.

Nothing much to catch up really. You can leave for months and come back having pretty much the same stuff as before in SH.

again, welcome back.
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Thanks ^_^, and all I can say about the inactivity here is "wow", this place used to have interesting posts every day... But now I post this and it doesn't even go down by one position in 3 days... I can't wait for SH to be like a highway again.. hectic, but fun!
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

Lol yeah hey, it's been 3 days since your last reply.

I don't know what SH can do, I don't know what we can do. I just try to keep posting new threads and posts to open for discussions.
Jason

Post by Jason »

It's nice to know I'm not the only one who suffers from continuous bad luck with technology.

[quote="Tails5"][...]which would have killed her if she hadn't pulled it out of the plug first.[quote]
:lol: Cute dog.

Sorry about delay, welcome back man. ;)
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Thanks ^__^ I'm glad to be back - with Windows running again now, most things work fine, except for the lack of HD space. And yeah, the dog's really nice. She wants nothing except to please us and have food and fun... she doesn't get the danger at all.
tewage

Post by tewage »

Well, welcome back. My name is Ace, I'm fairly new to Smokyhosts.
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Thanks, and welcome to SmokyHosts, it's a great place, don't be fooled by the current inactivity, it'll get going again.
genilanderson

Post by genilanderson »

welcome back dear and thanks