Am I being self-centered?

All other fun that doesn't go into either of the above categories.
thetarget

Am I being self-centered?

Post by thetarget »

Thats the question I'm asking myself alot.

I just don't want people throwing their personal problems at me and hoping that I have some magical solution.

I don't interact with people much, and I want to stay that way, but those people are trying times and again to force themselves into my life.

Normally those people won't talk to me, they only time they will is that "i broke up with my gf" and most of the time is "Help me look at my PC". Yeah protray myself like a tool once, I thought I liked it, but I don't.

Is that self-centered?

P.S. Havn't got a blog to rant about these stuffs, so let's discuss as a family

Alwahsh

Post by Alwahsh »

well , I think if all the post is true then you're not self-centered .
I got my Power Package
My website is here
My Forum is here
:D:D:D:D
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

I don't think you're being self centred, I've experienced the same thing, people are always asking me to program this for them, or fix that for them, and then they dont talk to me until they need me again, so I've just blocked them.

P.S. If you're confused by my spelling of 'centre' it's because I use British English, as I'm Australian. Americans spell it 'center' and we spell it 'centre'. Don't ask why the difference is there, as I don't know.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

Thing is, I hope I am self-centered. That will give me an identity.

Imagine people saying this to me:
"You selfish bast**d"

I can reply:
"No, I'm just self-centered =)"

I don't mind people turning their business into my business as long as they treat me as a person and not a tool.
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

O.o I thought being self centred was a bad thing, but I understand what you're saying... Also, how do you say "=)" in real life?
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

Tails5 wrote:O.o I thought being self centred was a bad thing, but I understand what you're saying... Also, how do you say "=)" in real life?
=) Smug Smile*

HAha. Life will be too boring if people don't look at you the way you want them to look at you.
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

Well there is a difference between Self-Centered and Self-Aware. Most people think they can use others for their own personal reasons but seldomly ever take that person's feelings or individuality into consideration.

I once use to help people who had problems and I would give them advice and they wouldn't take it then keep on complaining with the same problem and since they just wanted to complain instead of find a real solution they kept themselves in a revolving door. You quickly realize that people who do this are not worth actually having in your life because all they do is drag you down and you just distance yourself so that you can continue a nice life without the hassle.

People may say you are self-centered, non-caring, not sensitive but only people in that situation know that it's just to preserve the stability of their own mind instead of being someone's doormat.

You are not self-centered but self-aware and have realized what you need to survive in this cruel and unusual world of stupid people, idiotic behavior and lack of respect for other people.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!