What is the kind of your net connection??

All other fun that doesn't go into either of the above categories.
Alwahsh

What is the kind of your net connection??

Post by Alwahsh »

Hi all ,

I use a Dsl to connect to the internet :cool:, what do you use ? :D

and

what do you think is the best way to connect to the internet

Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

ADSL, which is the most common DSL connection. Asynchronus Digital Subscriber Line. Means download is faster than upload. Others use SDSL which means that download and upload are the same, but download is slower than ADSL.

I think the best way to connect to the internet currently would be a dedicated pipe, which is very expensive. Soon though we will be using fiber-optics.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
Alwahsh

Post by Alwahsh »

lol , I only heard about ADSL , never heard about SDSL not pipe , but I read that china is making a satellite that will rovide the net connection at very high speed . Is that tue??
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

I'm using Cable. One of the best thing about Cable is that I dont have to dail up.
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Alwahsh wrote:lol , I only heard about ADSL , never heard about SDSL not pipe , but I read that china is making a satellite that will rovide the net connection at very high speed . Is that tue??
China may be making as satellite, but probably only for their country, and satellite connections have good download speeds but slow uploads, so if you're going to be playing games online, or hosting any kind of daemon (HTTP, SMTP, POP, FTP, game servers), then satellite internet probably isn't for you.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

I'll deter from using sat. internet, not because of the upload speed (it can be acelerated by hardware upgrade and packet-burst protocol). It is that sat. internet is very expensive and low bandwidth.
genilanderson

Post by genilanderson »

Thanks to all for giving me such a useful information