Do you think internet website is the best advertising media?

All other fun that doesn't go into either of the above categories.
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

i think the topic should be
' Do you think internet website is a good advertising media?'

Word of mouth is a very good advertising media. It doesn't need a person to own the product to spread the word. Note this scenerio:

Tom received a very attractive leaflet on his way to school.
Although the product isn't very good nor it is very interesting, the leaflet caught Tom's attention.
Tom goes to school and spreads the word.

All it takes is 1 person that is interested in the leaflet, then the person talks to someone who trusts him.

Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Yes, but what if the other person has no need for it and doesnt pass it on? Then the word of mouth chain just dies.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

Tails5 wrote:Yes, but what if the other person has no need for it and doesnt pass it on? Then the word of mouth chain just dies.
Yes this is 1 disadvantage of word of mouth method, but the effect can be minimised.

If it needs 10 leaflets to find 1 person being interested, I will distribute 1000.
If it needs 10 person to be spread the message, I already have 10.
If one chain dies, i still have 9!
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Yes, but it costs more to distribute 100 times the needed leaflets. Will it work out cheaper or more expensive than word-of-mouth?
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Sorry! I typed it wrong, if a mod wants to merge this post, thats fine, I meant "chepaer or more expensive than internet advertising"
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

More expensive.

And take note that I'm saying internet website. That means setting up a website alone.

but if you say advertise through other websites like google, yahoo, etc. Leaflets are cheaper.
caiba

Post by caiba »

I felt the network advertisement best is google, everybody has any good network advertisement ?
jasondsouza

Post by jasondsouza »

Tails5 wrote:Well mouth to mouth doesnt always work, I mean what if its supposed to spread internationally, most people i know on the internet dont start talking about this great product they have. Sometimes they do if its software, but not anything else.
if you go by the google philosophy then mouth to mouth does work... sending invitations was actuallly a form of mouth to mouth advertising.... eg... (orkut and gmail) .... and against all advertising mouth to mouth or advertising by chatting is one of the best form of advertising
--jasondsouza
ME working on a very new site. (Coming soon)
Come to my web Site
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

jasondsouza wrote:if you go by the google philosophy then mouth to mouth does work... sending invitations was actuallly a form of mouth to mouth advertising.... eg... (orkut and gmail) .... and against all advertising mouth to mouth or advertising by chatting is one of the best form of advertising
What is google philosopgy?

Gmail and mouth to mouth is different. Gmail is online, mouth to mouth is offline.
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

jasondsouza wrote:if you go by the google philosophy then mouth to mouth does work... sending invitations was actuallly a form of mouth to mouth advertising.... eg... (orkut and gmail) .... and against all advertising mouth to mouth or advertising by chatting is one of the best form of advertising
I could be wrong, but I don't think invitations is a form of word-of-mouth advertising, I think it's more of an exclusive club, invitation only.