Do you think internet website is the best advertising media?

All other fun that doesn't go into either of the above categories.
thetarget

Do you think internet website is the best advertising media?

Post by thetarget »

what do you all think?

how many more chars....

Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

I think that it is a very good advertising media, Though people can just block ads, which is a downside.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
thecobra

Post by thecobra »

it a good advertising media because 89% of all peolpe in the world are in the internet
(the other 11% are old peolpe or peolpe who cant afford internet or hate technogly)
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

lol cobra. I'm sorry but i am really not convinced about your claim. Show me some source.

I compared online advertising and offline advertising.
It is obvious offline advertising is more effective. I placed posters on train stations, and advertisement on newspaper. And it is not untill I changed the content and put my website on the ads then the website got hits.

I feel that internet website is only good as a secondary advertising model. Unless you are going global, if not offline advertising is much more efficient.
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

oops a little bit of broken english there. Just tell me if you don't understand.
Ky

Post by Ky »

Going by how well Goggle is doing selling advertising, I'd say the internet is the best medium for ads.
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

thetarget wrote:lol cobra. I'm sorry but i am really not convinced about your claim. Show me some source.

I compared online advertising and offline advertising.
It is obvious offline advertising is more effective. I placed posters on train stations, and advertisement on newspaper. And it is not untill I changed the content and put my website on the ads then the website got hits.

I feel that internet website is only good as a secondary advertising model. Unless you are going global, if not offline advertising is much more efficient.
I believe that on a local scale, internet advertising is not effective, its when you go nation-wide or multi-national that it makes the difference.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

Tails5 wrote:I believe that on a local scale, internet advertising is not effective, its when you go nation-wide or multi-national that it makes the difference.
Agree to a certain extend.

Whatever products you have in mind would have/need to go offline to make the best profit. In a business, even small cents are good revenue.

That aside, if an advertisment website is not 'coupled' with 2nd level advertising or broadcast such as popups, google ads, or even diggs, I think it is pretty hard for the advertisment to be efficient.
Hockey Foo

Post by Hockey Foo »

It is a good advertising media. But mouth-to-mouth is better, by far how you get the most people to come to a site or business.
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Well mouth to mouth doesnt always work, I mean what if its supposed to spread internationally, most people i know on the internet dont start talking about this great product they have. Sometimes they do if its software, but not anything else.