Ok by now all of you know I am a kind and generous Moderator, I don't turn you in unless it's neccesary and some of the people no longer with us have crossed a line which was surely fixed.
Spam is getting out of hand and it needs to stop. First of all you come in and you think spam posting will get your hosting and you can keep it for a long time. Well in all reality if too many people came and spam posted and then just left a slight balance indifference can occur with the other posters and due to the spam they may leave which means less funding from ads and not enough money for hosting. Which your prescious 400 point spam posting in 4 days would be worthless if Smokyhosts died.
In this case there is a few things that need to be addressed, to stop this spamming.
1. The REPLY button is ment to reply to people's topics. DO NOT press the NEW TOPIC button if you want to reply to someone's post. This has gotten accounts deleted in the past so fair warning.
2. People do report your :1 Word: posts like "Cool", "ok", "sweet" and "awesome" this is spam, please add something to the topic. If you need a reference just look up any of my posts, and you will see what I mean.
3. If you havn't noticed the topics have been increasing and alot of subjects get overcrossed and more than 1 topic about the same thing occur. So a new rule is in effect. If it's not on the first page it's dead, DO NOT REVIVE A TOPIC ON PAGE 2. All posts page 2 and on are considered DEAD. If there is a topic about something on page 1 doesn't matter how old it is, you can post in it. Spark something up. Anything page 2, 3, 4 and on are no officially considered dead. Reviving of dead topics can bring consequences, so please only use topics in page 1 to discuss.
4. Multiple Topics about the same thing on page 1 of any category will be considered spam. No arguements but why not generate everyone to a single topic? You would get more feedback.
5. Report Posts: Please use it, I check these forums each day for any reported posts. I cannot take action but I can advise action taken against offenders. The Moderators will be the first to notice a reported post and we will handle the offence within our ability. Please use this method to inform us of posts you find offensive, spammish, or if you are unsure. Even if your not sure you can still report it, we will check it and make sure. Remember this is to help your posting experiance remain safe so please do so.
6. Last one DO NOT ARGUE with a Moderator, Assistant Admin, or Admin of these forums. The moderators were specifically chosen due to some quality they have. 9 times out of 10 the Mod, Ass. Admin, or Admin will win the arguement. Also if something is in PM, please keep it in PM unless it's life threatening. Reporting PMs doesn't give us the full story and we possibly can't resolve the argument anyway. But like I said 9 times out of 10 you will lose an argument with a Mod, Ass. Admin, or Admin of these forums. Choose your battles wizely.
I have an open PM policy, if you have anything that a Moderator can handle and it's within my power I can help out. I am non-judgemental and view each instance clearly and openly. Please do not PM me with hosting support, do not add me to ask about hosting packages, and deffinately do not think I am part of Smokyhosts staff.
I am only a Moderator.. the Assistant Admin is a title given to me by SHAdmin. I am nothing more than a Moderator and I cannot handle any Server Side issues. If you have any questions about smokyhosts or rules or anything then you can pm me but if it concerns setting up a hosting account, I have nothing to do with that.
I can answer questions and everything to the best of my ability, so if you have a question please feel free to PM me. Do not add my MSN Messenger unless you have direct permission from me, I am very brutal to people who add me out of the blue and many members who have done this have found that out. I am professional on the site but my personal side is no where near this friendly lol. If you have permission from me to add me then I will be friendly to you, I have met alot of friends from smokyhosts and I try to do anything for them within my power. But please ask permission to add Me to MSN, and due to respect you should ask anyone's permission before adding them aswell.
Thank you for taking your time to read this, I will now be on my way out and will probably post this throughout the forums. Thanks once again for following these set rules. Read "Crack down on Spam" if you want to figure what qualifies as spam.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest