Crack down on Spam.

All other fun that doesn't go into either of the above categories.
TheCrymsonLegends

Crack down on Spam.

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

I've noticed some spam get's through and we Mod's just can't handle all of this alone. So I am asking that people who post, if you see spam PLEASE notify the Moderator of that Forum via PM. I will post what spam is on here and if you spot anything that resembles it, let me know.

SPAM:
1. Spam is short meaningless posts.
Ex. runescape rocks ( This adds nothing to the topic, just meaningless. )
2. Spam is a reply to spam, to build the spam.
3. Spam is saying something is spam.
4. Spam is something that is confusing and once again add's nothing.

Ex. of a spam Topic.
Person1: Tell us what you think about Golfing. ( Has a Point, not spam )
Person2: sucks ( SPAM! )
Person3: {Quote: Person2}sucks{/quote} That's spam ( SPAM! )
Person4: I enjoy the 18 holes and it's really relaxing. ( Not Spam! )

From now on we have a SPAM Limit you must, and I say must add atleast 7 words to form a correct sentance. If you add 5 words and it's got a point your safe but from now on, no ( I agree's ) and other short meaningless posts.

Punishments for Spamming:
1. Post deleted or modified, and points reduced.
2. If it continues, possible revoke of hosting and all points erased.
3. Ip Lock on your account and negative points if it's out of hand.
4. Possible IP Ban if the person abuses spamming.

I am an extremely busy man, and I will warn everyone if I spot spam to MODIFY thier posts. If posts are not modified I will take proper actions.

If someone's topic states " Join my CS Squad " and you post "CS is a lame, game and a waste of money." IT IS SPAM! I am seriously cracking down on this and need the help of all people who post in my sections. Thank you for your support to keep the forums clean.

Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
aquarium

Post by aquarium »

I comletely support you decision altough iam not here for a very long time i have seen what happens to forums that give out something in exchange of posts..............i think logical host (if i am not wrong) had a lot of spam spammers and after banning them all they were left with 10 posters and the forums lost their visitors and rep...

This is a good step to be shure that smoky forum stays here for long...Word up!!!!
I am unstoppable.....
TheCrymsonLegends

While your posting just check the things you reply too :). Thanks for the support now just waiting for other's to help support this.

Members could easily stop spam by .. stop spamming. :P.. Easy way.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
Freedom Fighter

Post by Freedom Fighter »

Is there not a report post button that we can use for spam? because I have one on my site and when a user sees a post that is against the rules they can punch the repot post and it will notifies a mod or admin.
TheCrymsonLegends

It is being implemented but this is a quick fix for now, I do not mind answering PM's with spam links. If anyone sends a PM please enclose the person's name, and date/time so that we can get to the exact problem.

The report abuse will be implemented as soon as possible, once again this is a quick fix.
Freedom Fighter

Ok sounds good. I thought i saw it here before but must have been another site.
iPod Wizard

Post by iPod Wizard »

TheCrymsonLegends wrote:It is being implemented but this is a quick fix for now, I do not mind answering PM's with spam links. If anyone sends a PM please enclose the person's name, and date/time so that we can get to the exact problem.

The report abuse will be implemented as soon as possible, once again this is a quick fix.
Sounds good, and any idea when the "Quick Reply" feature will be implemented also? I've so missed that feature so very much...I've asked for it like the very first day (the thread about this new black look is now locked btw, not that it matters.) this PHP forum was implemented, but w/e...

Cheers,
- iPod Wizard

Countdown to the first 1000th Post on this forum is 16!
TheCrymsonLegends

This isn't up for discussion here, if it was here before and now it's gone I am sure SHAdmin has a good reason for it. I would consider your post spam but it does state a valid point. I honestly don't know, post it in Suggestions for Admin :D.
Freedom Fighter

wow your really cracking down on spam. haha. also If you guys need ne help Im here for your personal use. hehe (sl*t) :o
TheCrymsonLegends

You could start by stop cursing with *'s, and allow the filter to filter out your words. Just if you notice any Spam PM Me or the Mod in charge of the forums. Then we will handle it :).