Subtittled or Dubbed?

Serenity

Subtittled or Dubbed?

Post by Serenity »

When you watch a foreign language movie: Do you prefer watching a movie that is subtitled or dubbed into a language you understand?

I prefer subtitled movies and tv shows myself. There's something odd about watching people act out a scene and the voices are independent of the actors' mouths.

And umm...Im a FAST reader lol

m3t4l

Post by m3t4l »

i love watching other countrys movies and just reading wat it says then the next i can tell mi teacher that i learnt how to read quiker from the tv and watch the class piss them selfs laughing
m3t4l.org
metal
hacking a computer near u!!!!!
Serenity

Post by Serenity »

m3t4l wrote:i love watching other countrys movies and just reading wat it says then the next i can tell mi teacher that i learnt how to read quiker from the tv and watch the class piss them selfs laughing
I dont think the kids in the local school system can use that excuse in their required reading programs...but I might have to mention readihng foreign movie subtitles to a couple of the kids I work with. Points are points no matter how they are earned.
m3t4l

Post by m3t4l »

no serouis i have used the excuse b4 qand the teacher took the bait got me off reading for 2 days whitch i was happy wit
m3t4l.org
metal
hacking a computer near u!!!!!
Serenity

Post by Serenity »

Sort of randomized but related thought: why are some movies subtitled with english subtitles when the person is speaking PLAIN english? Ive seen about 5 movies in the past year when the person is saying what is written on the screen....Umm....
noobian

Post by noobian »

i usually like subtitles better, the voices in the original version are usually better
iBye

Post by iBye »

Subtitles ftw! I hate dubbed movies, lame!
Tired of Newbies asking Questions? Tell them www.UseGoogleFFS.com
Gebbo

Subbed

Post by Gebbo »

What does subbed mean again ? xD
.............................:: Spirit of Fire ::..................................

iBye

Post by iBye »

Gebbo wrote:What does subbed mean again ? xD
A movie with subtitles..
Tired of Newbies asking Questions? Tell them www.UseGoogleFFS.com
Flickorian

Subtitles.

Post by Flickorian »

I'm not sure why, but I really do prefer subtitles. There's something about a dubbed movie that's just really ufkcing annoying to me. In my opinion, I would think that subtitles would get on my nerves more because of the constant visual distraction.