Post by thetarget »

Europa Universalis III
Image taken from http://www.europauniversalis3.com

links:
Official Website
Gamespot

Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

What is the game about? I can tell it's setting from the picture, but a bit more information on play style and plot would be nice :)
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

The funny thing is that I knew someone is going to ask for an introduction. Another funny thing is that I tried typing one, but it didnt make sense when i tried to review it.

You are the ruler of France. You have what 3 of you kings pass away peacefully. At November 12 1513, you felt very bored in front of your desk, you decided to spill some blood. You declare war on Burgandy. However, because you declared war on a country that has the same religeon as you, and has rather friendly relations with you and without any Casus Belli, you country stability falls are rebels roams the country, taking over the land you once own.

This is just the tip of the iceberg. For more you can check out the website. It is very diverse, you can play with the government forms, eg Absolute Monarchy, Administrative Republic etc. You can explore and colonise new worlds. You can have royal marriages and claim throne when the king is dead, or wage war if your demand is not met.

One thing to note though, it lacks the graphic and the x-factor. You can't participate in battles. When I play this game, I have a feeling that I want more than the deversity of the game, and the feeling of wanting more makes me feel that this game isn't enough.
thecobra

Post by thecobra »

cool so is this beasicly a age of empire clone or something?
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

thecobra wrote:cool so is this beasicly a age of empire clone or something?
nah, nothing like AOE. It is more of a 4x game.

P.S just a personal opinion, i don't think anything would want to clone age of empire.
thecobra

Post by thecobra »

thetarget wrote:
P.S just a personal opinion, i don't think anything would want to clone age of empire.
why aoe is the best stragety game i ever seen before
people now aday still play it
example me and many other in gamespy
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

Probably you've never tried warhammer. But nevermind, this thread is about EUIII :)

And seriously, no one wants to clone AOE3. Just think about it, AOE has less features of those RTS of its era. Yes it is a good game, but it just don't cut out as a benchmark.