Me Making a game...

The Chief

Me Making a game...

Post by The Chief »

I guess that you have read some of these topics before... and it never ends up working out... I haven't started making it yet but here is what i will be making:

It Will be designed on RPG Maker XP and it will be a MMO-RPG (but not very massive...)

Features Will Include:
  • Linux compatible
  • Auto-Save
  • Guild System
  • Item Storage
  • Player Owned Housing
  • Mouse + Keyboard compatible
  • Auto Updates
  • Global ABS (Action Battle System)
  • Global Events
  • Chat(including: World, Map, Team, Guild, and Private)
  • Private Messaging
  • News
  • Player vs Player (Mainly Guild vs Guild)
  • Team/Party/Instance(or whatever you call it)
  • Multiple Character Management
  • Plus all of the RPG Maker XP Features
  • There might be more (i'm just not sure yet... check back later)
This may sound complicated but I can do it all...

I proboblay will not start creating this game untill the summer but I wanted some people's help...

If you know or have any good resources for RPG Maker XP, you may be able to help me out in this project... I do not have a website yet (taht's why I'm here) but i will get one up ASAP (im goin for the best hosting plan here)

I will also need BETA testers, graphic designers, Game Admins, News Updaters, and some others... I will check back for reply's later and keep a list of volunteers for the upcomming summer... If you have any questions about this thread, email me at:
staff.villagepro@gmail.com

or PM me... I prefer email as I check it regularilly. If you dought this whole thing will happen... have faith... I will do my best. Once the game comes out (in the not - so - near - future) Smokyhosts will be the first people to download it...
(i might come and update this post later on)

Peace,
Chief :)

i am no longer doing: Village Productions...
it will be called: Point Blank Studios

my projects:
  • Main Website for PBS
  • Point Blank Radio (my online Rock Station)
  • Stargate: Extinction (my RPG Game)
  • I will do certain requests for web design, graphic design and maybe more... just ask!
delivi

Post by delivi »

wow that sounds great, I'm really interested please let me know how I can help you.

I'm an avid gamer, graphics designer and do beta testing.
delivi

Post by delivi »

could you explain the theme of the game, the basic story line
The Chief

Post by The Chief »

I was thinking of doing something based upon RuneScape... but a smaller world... You will be able do do quests and level up and lots more... there will be items dropped by monsters...
anyway...
it will be something like runescape except:
smaller world
different items
something to do with dragons...

if you have anymore questions... email me at:

staff.villagepro@gmail.com

my projects:
  • Main Website for PBS
  • I will do certain requests for web design, graphic design and maybe more... just ask!
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

Sounds like a nice game.. I would implement a rare percentage world drop rate on some items and have them more class specific. Having 1 set for everyone is kinda lame in all it's glory because everyone get's it lowing it value and then plunging the market of the game into a disasterous spiral to devistation.

Also make them soulbound so that you can possibly sell them before equipting them but once equipted you have to keep it. Gives the market more room to stay steady with the massive farming of certain items. BE PART OF YOUR GAME! Don't cheat yourself but play the game like you designed it to be played offer your hand to help those in your game and by all means create a NOOB Report System. So them stupid morans who wanna cry and complain through the game can be removed to offer a better invironment for those who actually are intresting in the overall gameplay.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
The Chief

Post by The Chief »

These are all very good suggestions... i really like the Noob report system... i'll see waht I can work out!

my projects:
  • Main Website for PBS
Tomf

Post by Tomf »

It sounds great, what site did you get RPG maker XP from ?
ag3nt

Post by ag3nt »

Good luck man share it with us when completed and report if we can do anything i hope you can do it rpg maker
New And Crazy Member Of SmokyHosts Community

By Ag3nt
The Chief

Post by The Chief »

Hello again everyon... i am going to quit my hosting here and pick it up somewhere else... the game will still be made though. Althought i waont have hosting here anymore, i will still release the first beta version to this website... in that same thread... i will give everyone here the link to my website where you can await the full version or the next beta...

Peace, and ttyl!
Chief

my projects:
  • Main Website for PBS
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

Hurry... maybe it will allow me to Quit World of Warcraft and get away from the begging noobs of Azeroth.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!