Very very simple crystal forum sig

Everybody can post tutorials, tips, tricks, and request for tutorials help in this place
planetpixel

Very very simple crystal forum sig

Post by planetpixel »

How to make a crystal sig - lukes guide

Well, ive had Photoshop for a few weeks now, and im nothing special at it. At the moment I am making some pretty nifty sigs for sale on my sig stall. This will be a guide on how to make quality sigs - the professional way. To start off with, lets download some crystal brushes, which will be the ones I use in this tutorial. Download the crystal brushes here

HOW TO INSTALL BRUSHES
Once you have downloaded and unpacked the zip folder, **** on the brush tool. Do this:

Ok your ready to go. Create a new **** , for this example I am using 350x107, I like to keep my sigs small. Select ?White? and **** ok.

First off, press D to set your colours to default. Fill your background layer with black by going EDIT > FILL. Create a new layer by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+N. Make sure your foreground colour is white. Now **** on your brush tool, and select one of the crystal brushes you downloaded earlier. Once you have selected one, position the brush where you want it on the sig, and left **** ONCE.

Now, create a new layer by using the same method as before, CTRL+SHIFT+N. Select another brush this time, and using the same method as before, add another crystal.

Repeat this method until you have a few more layers. Now what you need to do it go through the layers that have been brushed, and alter the opacity. Once you are happy you have a nice black and white sig, select your top layer and press CTRL+ALT+U. Make sure the ?colorize? box is checked, and play around with the slides until you have a colour you lie. For brighter colours, slide the lightness bar down a little. For more suttle colours, slide the lightness up a little.

Now for the text. Make a new layer, grab your rectangular marquee tool (top left of the tools panel)and select and area similar to this:

Now, fill this area with white. Edit > Fill > White. Go to blending options and apply these setting :
Drop Shadow - just tick the box, you don?t need to change settings.
Bevel and Emboss:
Stroke - 1PX, black.

Now that?s done, you should have a white rectangle on your work, with the setting above applied. Lower the opacity to around 50 percent. You should have something like this:

Grab your text tool, choose your favourite font (Im using a font called planet kosmos) and write your name somewhere inside the rectangle, as so:

Now, **** on your foreground colour and select one of the colours on your sig. Do the same with the background colour, but get a colour that is slightly darker/lighter. Go to blending options for your text layer, and **** gradient overlay. **** on the drop-down box, and select the first gradient. Then go to stroke and add 1px black. Once that?s done, go to bevel and emboss, make size 1 and depth 1. Then add a default dropdown shadow.

Create a new layer, press CTRL+A and **** edit > stroke and black.
There you go, your done.

Thanks
Luke

TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

Hey, glad to see you join the Community.. I don't have the program you have but I will get it someday.. This Tutorial should come in handy for alot of you Graphic Peeps. He knows alot I think.. I mean he made me one heck of a Sig :P. Thanks Luke.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
phoxchange

Post by phoxchange »

where can i get the font u use on the tutorial??
RuneScape: Phoxey
planetpixel

Post by planetpixel »

http://dafont.com

theres loads of others there aswell :)

kronos

Post by kronos »

cool,thankx
go to give a try
planetpixel

Post by planetpixel »

cool :D no probs