GIMP Sig Making (if you don't know anything try here)

Everybody can post tutorials, tips, tricks, and request for tutorials help in this place
eselooo

GIMP Sig Making (if you don't know anything try here)

Post by eselooo »

Right, welcome to my N00b to Pro! tutorial for GIMP. I will start you guys out with a basic, very basic sig and gradually move up. Hope you guys like it, and if any help is needed let me know, feedback is also greatly appreciated.
Some keys before you start.
when i say GIMP toolbox, i mean this:
when i say GIMP toolbox, i mean this:
Stage:N00b

1)Create a new image, make it 350X120 and under advanced options, fill it with White.

2) open up your GIMP toolbox. Double **** on the primary color (the one on the top. Secondary is the one on the bottom) and it will bring up the color selection window. Play around with the settings here until you get a color you like. This is the only part i am going to be letting you do whatever you want for T_T . Anyway, i am going to choose blue.

3) Again in your GIMP toolbox, chose the Dump tool. This tool is the one
that looks like a paint bucket. Now go back to your image and **** on it. Notice that your image is now filled in with the color you picked.

4)Now we add in the picture. We are going to be using this:
(right ****, save as, open with GIMP)
This part is a little long, so i wrote another tutorial for it. The picture is different, but the concept is the same. Go here for my render tutorial.

5)Okay! Welcome back! Hopefully by now you have the render completely cut out and pasted into your image!If not, well, do it again. I'm not sure if i covered this in the render tutorial, but make sure you anchor the pasted layer onto the backround layer. Once pasted in, moved, and anchored, you should have this.
6)This is not a necessary step at the moment, but you can do it if you want to. Go to the GIMP toolbox, and select the "Blur or Sharpen" tool. Lightly go around the edges of the render. It's barely noticeable, but now the render is blended into the image a bit better.
7) Now we add text. Go to Filters>Text>FreeType. The fonts in here are your default, but you can get some really good ones from http://www.dafont.com/en . Make sure before you add your text, the color you want it to be is set. When freetype adds the text, it is the color you have as primary. I switched my primary to white.Go ahead and type in "I make sigs in GIMP!" you may have to do this on two lines. I used the Colony Wars font, at 10 px. and white. This is what i got:
Congrats! You are now a GIMP n00b!(it's not bad)
Please Post your results!

Nothing to be proudly!
hossamkiwan

Post by hossamkiwan »

THNX

GIMP is great program