Html Forum

Any problem with HTML can be discussed here.
Gebbo

Html Forum

Post by Gebbo »

I am in currently in need of a html forum so if anyone knows of a basic html forum that can be embedded into a html website then can you please post it here or give me a link of where i could find one thank you.

.............................:: Spirit of Fire ::..................................

Lixas

Post by Lixas »

forum in pure HTML is not possible!! maybe you need "guest book" or if it is to basic, you can use phpbb or SMF :)
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Actually, it would be possible, but it wouldnt be a forum as we know it, there would have to be a way of submission, which the webmaster then puts there, but Gebbo, just use phpBB3, ask me on MSN if you have trouble, or if you can't get me there, just email my new hotmail: tails5is@hotmail.com
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
Gebbo

forum

Post by Gebbo »

oo okay thank you all for your help and tails ill add ya i didnt know your new msn you see anyways thanks for the reply.
.............................:: Spirit of Fire ::..................................

Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

:) Look forward to talking to you on MSN again, and also, allow me to reiterate: Use phpBB3
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
StiffleD

Post by StiffleD »

HTML forums would use .txt files to store the data and that would suck. Stick with php forums, they are more reliable.
Alwahsh

Post by Alwahsh »

if it's all about databases , I think there is some PHP forums which does not depend on databases . but if you want to make a forum in pure HTML , that would be so hard if not impossible :eek: (except if you are the only one who is suppossed to write the posts ;) )
I got my Power Package
My website is here
My Forum is here
:D:D:D:D
Gebbo

html forum

Post by Gebbo »

yeah kinda figured lol, thnks for the info anyways

TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

I've been thinking and it is quite possible to make an HTML form that uses minute php elements to put information into mysql.

The concept would be to create your table elements (i.e. table header, table row) and then code php to render the table in accordance with either a forum topic, thread, or what not.

I could probably figure out how to do it if I took the time, but my time is being used up.

Although I will be working on a lot of new aspects to render the basic concept of my newest website. If I manage to stumble across the need for an html forum, I will most definately let you know.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
Gebbo

html forum

Post by Gebbo »

TheCrymsonLegends wrote:I've been thinking and it is quite possible to make an HTML form that uses minute php elements to put information into mysql.

The concept would be to create your table elements (i.e. table header, table row) and then code php to render the table in accordance with either a forum topic, thread, or what not.

I could probably figure out how to do it if I took the time, but my time is being used up.

Although I will be working on a lot of new aspects to render the basic concept of my newest website. If I manage to stumble across the need for an html forum, I will most definately let you know.

Thanks, that would be great