php upload file

Any problem with PHP can be disscused here
Gebbo

php upload file

Post by Gebbo »

Hello

How would you go about making a php upload file code ? any example and sites which can help with this would be helpfull.

Thank you!

.............................:: Spirit of Fire ::..................................

Freedom Fighter

Post by Freedom Fighter »

Please Be more spacific on what you would like the site to do.

Now adays alot of simple upload scripts are bassed on css and other types of scripts,
if you looking for upload/user/premiums/database sytle website I can fill you in on some grate scripts.
Freedom Fighter

sry dubl.

I ment CGI NO CSS lol

stupid me.
Gebbo

php

Post by Gebbo »

Freedom Fighter wrote:Please Be more spacific on what you would like the site to do.

Now adays alot of simple upload scripts are bassed on css and other types of scripts,
if you looking for upload/user/premiums/database sytle website I can fill you in on some grate scripts.
I mean a script which will allow the user to upload a **** into a SQL database or save it on a directory for download / use.
.............................:: Spirit of Fire ::..................................

Freedom Fighter

OK so you looking for a simple upload script with no accounts/members.

just upload and you receive a link and all info for files is held in mysql database.

If so i might have a few suggestions for you.

Flexshare - Everything you want with members and database - very simple as well.

Hipload - This sounds like more of what your looking at. simple cgi with no users/premium

use's a local folder stored sql database to store info.
Gebbo

php

Post by Gebbo »

Freedom Fighter wrote:OK so you looking for a simple upload script with no accounts/members.

just upload and you receive a link and all info for files is held in mysql database.

If so i might have a few suggestions for you.

Flexshare - Everything you want with members and database - very simple as well.

Hipload - This sounds like more of what your looking at. simple cgi with no users/premium

use's a local folder stored sql database to store info.
Can you send me a link to your suggestions please ? also will those suggestions help me learn how to create a php upload system or are they ready made scripts / applications which are ready to use ?

Freedom Fighter

Hipload is a free script that has no home page sorry.
and flex share can be found by googling.

also these are already made scripts. I have looked high and low for a tutorial specific
to your question but simply there isnt one lol. So I suggest learn the way i have with uploading scripts. Pick others apart.

Currently on my site host from smoky In am running a heavy modified version of flex share. it doesn't look much different then the original so you can take a look at it.
I am currently working on a mirror type file host witch will directly communicate with another site/server so I am using flex share because it is perfect to build on.

if you have any questions dont hesitate to ask.

site:
http://freedomfighter.thesmokylounge.com/
Gebbo

Upload

Post by Gebbo »

Freedom Fighter wrote:
Hipload is a free script that has no home page sorry.
and flex share can be found by googling.

also these are already made scripts. I have looked high and low for a tutorial specific
to your question but simply there isnt one lol. So I suggest learn the way i have with uploading scripts. Pick others apart.

Currently on my site host from smoky In am running a heavy modified version of flex share. it doesn't look much different then the original so you can take a look at it.
I am currently working on a mirror type file host witch will directly communicate with another site/server so I am using flex share because it is perfect to build on.

if you have any questions dont hesitate to ask.

site:
http://freedomfighter.thesmokylounge.com/
Thanks for the info, if you go to http://www.pixel2life.com/ for future reference, it has good tutorials for php. The reason I need to find out how to create a custom php upload is that I need to create a website which will allow clients to upload files (Jobs) to their posts for an organisation.

Found this http://www.pixel2life.com/viewtutorial/ ... _security/

Seems okay, the pixel2life site has a lot of good stuff on it, Check some php upload tutorials out and tell me what you think